Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC
Oct 19, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #1,636 of 4,063
Make sure you have an AC conditioner between your components and your wall outlet. If you don't, your power cables are only shielding the last meter or 2 of line noise, but will fully transmit any noise from the hundreds of feet of power lines running throughout your home. Kitsune Hifi happens to offer custom power conditioners that isolates AC line noise. Having said that, the power supplies in the KTE SU-1 and Level 3 DAC isolate noise too so it really depends how noisy your power lines are. My point being, just using expensive power cords without a power conditioner doesn't buy you much.
I have two Opera Audio Consonance PW-1 filters, one for sources on for amp.

Oct 19, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #1,637 of 4,063
That does look like one of the better home units, but I still wouldn't bet on either filtering or the quality of the sine wave output when running on battery power. This is a line-interactive UPS, which means it uses an autotransformer to boost voltage during a brownout, but that doesn't imply any actual filtering. And while CyberPower does advertise "Sine Wave Power" on the product page, I'm quite certain their marketing blurb (loosely) implies functionality that the UPS does not have. Based on the line-interactive topology, this should apply only when running on battery power, and then the quality of the output still depends on how they're generating it (which they don't state).

So, what do you recommend instead?

As you can see from my signature, the only thing that really needs some type of conditioner, is my Holo Spring KTE, as the rest are either linear power supplies (I have three LPS-1s), or the iFi Pro iCan Amp that has its own specially made PSU.

Oct 19, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #1,638 of 4,063
Oct 20, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #1,639 of 4,063
Oct 20, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #1,640 of 4,063
Any other AC conditioner recommendations? What is the theory behind them, I find the sound slightly changes depending on what wall socket I use, and it's inevitably worse if its a multi socket extension lead.

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #1,641 of 4,063
Oct 21, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #1,642 of 4,063
Any other AC conditioner recommendations? What is the theory behind them, I find the sound slightly changes depending on what wall socket I use, and it's inevitably worse if its a multi socket extension lead.
Here are my two mains filters, Opera Audio Consonance PW-1.
The one on the right has two unfiltered plugs for amps requiring more current.
I have all the sources on the left filter, the amp on the right one.

IMG_20171021_174450.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #1,644 of 4,063
Don’t know exactly when but I do believe the release is imminent.

Oct 22, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #1,646 of 4,063
Mr KTE Spring and Mrs KTE SU-1 DDR have finally arrived.
Burn-in in progress and excited headfier here...:o2smile:

Congrats, such a revealing dac

Oct 30, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #1,649 of 4,063
Hi I am about upgrade new analogue system already got Allnic H300 phono stage and demo few turntables include kronos pro,the sparta, Vpi Avenger, AMG The Viella V12 as you know owner of holo spring 3 dac . I am very interesting compare to hi end vinyl system about 15 times more expensive . Anyway I ordered AMG Viella turntable with Ortofon Winfeld cart, Audio Sensibility Signature silver phono cable,HRS platform . I am very exciting will be back again after when I receive and set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back