Home-Made IEMs
Jan 19, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #4,306 of 16,072

After much trial and error (I used up a good portion of my Fotoplast supply) I finally have a set of shells that I am happy with. They are certainly not pro level, but they seal well, and look good for what I was hoping to accomplish.

Now to get the driver config finalized, the recessed connectors installed, and get through the somewhat long process (I am way too picky about sound for my own good) of finalizing the tuning.

Jan 21, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #4,308 of 16,072
On taobao, there are a few IEC711 listings. Obviously they have to be fake. What do you guys think? Is it worth a try? Obviously we won't get the mic calibrated, but that could probably be calibrated in Europe or US if we wanted to have them calibrated. I've never bought from taobao so it'd have to go through an agent.

Jan 21, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #4,310 of 16,072
I have a quiet good behringer ECM8000 meausring mic, that's not my issue. My issue is the coupler :). I just bought a PVC pipe to extend the head of the mic a bit to measure.

The coupler is just a piece of metal, it shouldn't be that hard to copy for the chinese you'd think.

Could it be that you have instructions to build a 2cc coupler?

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #4,311 of 16,072
Any one know what Knowles drivers these are?  Obviously a Chinese knock-off of the Apple ADDIEM.  But, I can't seem to find any info on the BA's.

s-l500.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Earmax-ER600-Dual-Balanced-Armature-Inner-ear-headphones-With-remote-microphone-/291515950332?hash=item43dfb464fc:g:LSgAAOSwT6pVpk

Pretty good deal for duals, eh?  I'm thinking of grabbing these and pairing them with some CI's in my next CIEM.  

Thoughts?

Jan 22, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #4,320 of 16,072
  I don't think it get inside the tube. I think he just rub a  very very small amount of resin around the outside of the tube then insert them into the holes and cure it.

This is after drilling the holes, I apply small amount of UV resin inside by brush and cure it. So before inserting the tubes.

I was thinking it was a tubeless design (drilled horn), in this case the uncured resin migrate and fill the filters
cool.gif

@Silverprout How have you done yours?

I make an hollow shell as fine as possible and i cut the end of the canal.
Then, install the tubes and fill the canal end with gel resin... in this case you can position all the tubes exactly where you want at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back