How comfortable are the Stax SR-007 MkII headphones?
Jul 16, 2013 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

anil

Head-Fier
Hi all:

I'm in the market for these headphones and as I look for them, I wanted to find out how comfortable these are. I've read a couple of posts where they are mentioned as being somewhat tight but with good ear pads.  I have a pair of Sennheiser HD600s which when new were very tight and clamping my head - they've gotten more comfortable over time.  I wonder if its the same with these phones as well?

Thanks!
Anil

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #2 of 4
SR-007 in general is very comfortable for most users. The arcs are bendable which means that it is possible to change the clamping pressure, but with stats in general keeping the best seal possible is recommended and you may experience some SQ loss if you loosen the clamp. But you should still be able to adjust the clamp a little bit without affecting the seal too much. But in their stock form, they still don't clamp as hard as HD650 IMO and 007 pads are more plush as well. In all likelihood I don't think you'll find the comfort to be the problem.

One other possible problem with the design is that the cups don't swivel horizontally at all, so if you have a weirdly shaped head/face or are really sensitive there's a slight possibility that you may get pressure on a specific area of constantly, causing fatigue... But again, for most people it shouldn't be a problem.

Jul 16, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the reply K_19, very helpful!  BTW, how much sound leakage do these head phones have?  I was watching a youtube video where it sounded like the leakage was very loud.  One of the reasons I'm thinking of getting these phones is for the times when I can't listen to my speaker rig and I was hoping that these are not super loud for people sitting around me.

Anil

Jul 16, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Thanks for the reply K_19, very helpful!  BTW, how much sound leakage do these head phones have?  I was watching a youtube video where it sounded like the leakage was very loud.  One of the reasons I'm thinking of getting these phones is for the times when I can't listen to my speaker rig and I was hoping that these are not super loud for people sitting around me.

Anil

They do leak quite a bit and others around you would definitely hear what you are listening to at normal listening volumes. 

But let's say you are listening while having your doors closed then it probably won't be loud enough for the person next door to you to hear. Goes for any open headphones really.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back