How Do I Buy a Modded X-Can
Aug 17, 2012 at 6:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Chris_Himself

Member of the Trade: HPL Audio Cables
I know the guys from RockGrotto build 'em and specifically that PinkFloyd guy. After dicking around with too many amps I decided that one was my favorite of the bunch.

I haven't had one in a while and I bought mine from another member but I would like the honor of it being built for me.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 4
Mike at Rock Grotto is really knowledgable on the xcans I got an xcanv2 powered by his latest pinkie and I upgraded myself from his kit popped some Russian tubes in too. It's really easy and rewarding. It's an awesome amp after the mods. My grado's play mmmmmmm soft and punchy

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Mike at Rock Grotto is really knowledgable on the xcans I got an xcanv2 powered by his latest pinkie and I upgraded myself from his kit popped some Russian tubes in too. It's really easy and rewarding. It's an awesome amp after the mods. My grado's play mmmmmmm soft and punchy

How long does the process take from start to finish? I'd be looking into getting a good amp like now-ish (as usual I'm impatient)

Aug 18, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #4 of 4
If you can find a good example of v2 as a base. Then order bits from mike. He posts direct. I have very little soldering experience but it took me about 1 and half hours to fit all new components. It's awesome. Might get a v1 to play with too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back