How do you know when your dac is working?
Aug 4, 2023 at 3:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Yamil

New Head-Fier
I got a topping e70 dac and I have the zen dac v2, which is a dac/amp. Can I use the e70 as the dac? how do I know when its working? Could I hear an immediate difference if I unplugged the rca cables? also which output do I use on my computer, would it the e70's or the zen dac v2?

Aug 4, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #2 of 4
Can I use the e70 as the dac?
If the Zen DAC has analog inputs(RCA inputs)yes
how do I know when its working?
If you get sound
also which output do I use on my computer, would it the e70's or the zen dac v2?
DAC always comes before the amp, so in this case you would run out of your computer, I assume USB, into the e70, and then RCA out to the Zen, assuming again that the Zen has RCA inputs. If it doesnt have analog inputs then it cannot be used without the internal DAC function, which would require you to find a different amp to use with e70.

Aug 4, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 4
the zen DAC does have rca inputs, with a variable/fixed setting .i dont know which to use, i checked online and it seems to be only for speakers or amps. both are usb connected to my computer. im using the unbalanced output on my zen dac, which is the selected output on my computer, and it plays sound, but when I switch the output to the e70's, i heard nothing. both the inputs are rca but I can only hear something when the output on computer is the zen dac... so does that mean the e70 doesn't work with the zen dac?

Aug 4, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #4 of 4
the zen DAC does have rca inputs, with a variable/fixed setting .i dont know which to use, i checked online and it seems to be only for speakers or amps. both are usb connected to my computer. im using the unbalanced output on my zen dac, which is the selected output on my computer, and it plays sound, but when I switch the output to the e70's, i heard nothing. both the inputs are rca but I can only hear something when the output on computer is the zen dac... so does that mean the e70 doesn't work with the zen dac?
According to this image, the Zen has RCA outputs, not inputs, which means you cannot use the e70 as a DAC with the Zen. You need to find an amp that has RCA inputs, not outputs.

61jDDdTegIL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back