How do you reduce rattle on items in your office from a subwoofer?
Sep 25, 2022 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

overground55

New Head-Fier
I purchased a Polk Audio PSW10 10" sub for my office, and I installed rubber feet on it (SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System) to reduce the spread of bass through the floor. This hasn't helped, so I'm thinking I'll need to add padding to items in my room that are effected by the bass. This includes chairs, items on desk, etc... Any suggestions on the best way to do this?

Sep 25, 2022 at 11:47 PM Post #2 of 4
If your sub is in a corner, move it away from the wall.

You can also try a full isolation platform like the SubDude. A diy solution might be possible with mdf and dynamat or similar plus carpeting... I've never tried it personally.

Sep 26, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #3 of 4
Area carpets and mouse pads can help a lot. Also furniture moving pads are cheap and easy to stick on, ones with felt bottoms. There's rubber feet assortment kits on Amazon with a bunch of sizes too. I cut mouse pads to fit since they're neoprene and hold in place.

Sep 26, 2022 at 4:58 AM Post #4 of 4
Surely at that point, the universe is telling you to just turn down the sub? :p

(the isolation stuff mentioned above is all good ideas - try to raise the sub off the floor a bit more with things like sorbothane isolators etc, even empty egg boxes should work to reduce the vibrations a lot)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back