How do you trade headphones on Head-fi?
Feb 25, 2012 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

nothing4me

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I put up my FA-003 for trade on the trading forum and I'm looking for an ATH-M50 for it. The thing is, how would you go about trading them? Who sends it first, etc.?

Thank you!

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #2 of 5
Seems like something you'd arrange by email, and send at the same time?  I've never traded headphones online, but I've traded other things and it's worked out pretty well.

Feb 25, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 5
I did one trade. I have little marketplace rep and the guy I traded with had 20-30 rep so I sent my cans first. After he received them and saw they were in working order he sent his.

Feb 25, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #4 of 5
It depends on rep, value, etc and if you are comfortable with it. I've done one trade I believe and we both had good rep on head-fi and sent it the same day.
acpggfze6cku.pnh

Mar 3, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #5 of 5
You can also send an equal amount of money to each other via Paypal (if +rep and value are largely in question). That way both items are insured to an extent. For example; you are trading Headphone A for Headphone B. You send the guy $200 and he sends you $200. This will give you protection with PP in case he doesn't ship you Headphone B. If he doesn't, you can get your money back that you sent and he would not be able to get his back since you have a confirmed shipment and delivery, etc. A pain in the ass, but ideally this process will keep anyone from taking that risk if they are cowardly enough to try and steal from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back