How easy is it to hurt your hearing with a sudden loud intro to a song or the volume turning p for a second?
Dec 22, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #16 of 18
IIRC the g35 sounds dark and boomy. Perhaps you prefer a darker sound to avoid fatigue, someone suggested crossfeed, you can try that too. Regarding pain in the ear I guess it can be many things like Impacted wax or fluid build-up or what do I know.. Wouldn't hurt to see a physician on the matter.
If interested/concerned it might be possible to calculate/approximate the SPL you were exposed to. Most likely the max output of your pc is 1~2 V and I doubt the SPL is more than some 100 dB, though it depends on the output/gain and song you listened to.
Ever experience ringing or other continuous noise, especially at night?

I think the left ear pain was psychosomatic, especially now that I'm trying this, I feel it again lol!

I've had random ringing while I'm at my desk, but it only happeneds for a few seconds, but it's very very rare.

I don't really listen to max max volume ever though....  SOngs also do matter, yup.

Do the G35's sound like that?

It's weird... because with the X2's I turned the treble up and it brought so much more life to them, which I like...  The G35's had their own Treble/Bass adjjustments too.... :)

Mar 20, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #17 of 18
Meh happened again :frowning2: lol.  Had to go over this thread since it upset me again.

From the other thread it seems like yotu have to have at least x amount of seconds to do damage, unless the sound is that strong.

I had my soundcard at abotu 85 and started music, VLC @ 100% and speakers probably 75%, it was loud at first, but turned it down.  It was a little painful but I don't think really that bad.  It ried to mimic it again, and think I went louder by accident by using VLC accidentally turned it up to 120%.

Idk how loud speakers can go, and if they are an issue as much as headphones?  Annoying when you're not sure where the volume is set at...  I had to turn it up because I couldn't hear people in a game, but then the music was crazy loud...  sigh :frowning2:.

I feel okay, left ear feels weird, but I think it's more of this placeabo psychosomatic issue, last time (had this feeling too), it cleared up after a few days of not worrying :p.

Still annoying that we run a risk with just trying to enjoy some tunes.

Mar 21, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #18 of 18
Be worried if you develope buzzing/ringing or other tinnitus like symptoms within the next period of time, else it is probably okay 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back