How Much Music Do You All Own?
Jun 30, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #63 of 79
I've been lurking throughout this thread waiting for some pics...where are they?! I've got 120 gigs of flac and mp3. Some of my cds, some friends and relatives collections that I borrowed.

Jun 30, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #64 of 79
925 Digital albums mostly .Flac. A bout 225 gigs 
80 or so Records.

Jun 30, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #65 of 79
Not all my stuff is sorted out yet and I'm lazy to do that so I'll go by tracks and length.

According to gmpc I have 7705 tracks and total time is 110 days 7 hours and 54 minutes. I still got a ways to go as I just recently started to expand my collection so it will go up slowly as I find CDs I like and rip them.

Aug 1, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #70 of 79
I own 3000 cds, I had 55 boxs of records which have been culled down to 25. This fits in one small room all to itself.
I started this journey into madness in 1973.

Aug 2, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #71 of 79
-2tb of music
-500+ CDs
-2000+ LPs

i really stopped counting awhile ago as i just couldn't keep up, plus moving around i would buy here and there when i found something that would interest me so it was hard to catalog everything.  i just got settled back in but am planning to move once again so i just brought all the boxes indoors and double checked the desicant to make sure everything's good with the records.  the CDs aren't as hard to keep track of but once you get to a certain point you just lose track

Apr 12, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #72 of 79
My collection consists of something as of today like 34,000 tracks stored in my 2 TB external HDD. I have had some CDs. Anyway, I prefer to have everything digitalized these days, so I have ripped them all. What I haven't tried are analogue equipment, despite the curiosity I have. No trace of a good turntable or the money to acquire so.

However, what I am not keen is streaming. I was quite tired of everyone asking me 'man, but what don't you like Spotify. It's amazing'; hence, I wrote down a Word with my reasons and sent it to everyone who asked:ksc75smile:. To give you a more accurate idea of how much music I have (yes, I had to do the dreadful Satan joke), I share a pic of how much I had 2–3 weeks ago and music playback length (a month before that) according to Foobar.

Is Real.png

Anyone after realizing in the image above:
Satan.png

Playback.png

It isn't much, but IDK why my PC took a while to process all of it. Maybe I should get another external drive? Additional backup in the cloud? I wouldn't feel like losing it all, likewise -lots of spare time spent in this-. Any help is welcome.

Apr 17, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #73 of 79
Note: maybe it is because 8 GB of RAM is too short for a PC nowadays, no matter the processor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back