How to "convert" from different sound signatures?? with mini rant
Sep 6, 2012 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sneaglebob

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone. 

I've been on a half year quest looking for very punchy and amazing all around basshead headphones but it seems that none fit me so I want to just be able to use balanced headphones since its the norm here and be very satisfied. I don't know if its my pure ignorance leading me to saying this or something else, because the words that discourage me are "punchy bass"," balanced", "tight bass" and from what I have seen here people think of bass as "just being there" instead of being boomy or punchy. I don't even know what the terms "just being there" means when it comes to sound signature. I think of balanced flat headphones. Well now that I got that out of the way I would like to ask if anyone can correct me if I'm wrong (very likely I am) or any tips to adapt to different headphones. Thanks guys :)

Sep 6, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #2 of 2
a few other words about bass....bass quality..bass quantity...midbass...subbass,,, hollow bass...bass u can feel..palpable..
yes, and being there...etc..:p

My own solution to adapting to cans...
i kept a few diff amps..a few dacs..a few rcas...a few powercords...
and have fun mixing n matching until i find a sweetspot for each can that crossed my sofa. 
Synergy to me, is the key. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back