How to make Sennheiser HD 555 passive noise damping headphones?
Jun 28, 2011 at 4:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

nexusn3w

New Head-Fier

I would like to know what is required to make Sennheisers HD 555 passive noise damping heaphones, so that I wont hear the ambient noise or sounds, as they are Open headphones, i want to make them closed.

Please this is urgent right now, any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jun 28, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #4 of 9
well when i got mine i removed that piece of foam thats meant to block air turning them into hd595's. im sure if you just got a bigger piece of foam and put it over the inside of the grill it would help with sound leakage and such but there not going to sound as nice.

Jun 28, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #5 of 9
Any sound damping foam ? or material, cuz i dont want to spend 200 dollars on pc 350 or 360 (not less than those models),

Any sound damping material that you can suggest? i will place it inside the grill at the cost of sound quality...

Jun 28, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #6 of 9
If your willing to sacrifice SQ I would totally just get nosie canceling headphones. Sell the 555's on the FS board, put the money towards something that does what you want it to do. 

If your interested in trying things out, try them! I dont think many people have tried what your asking about, but its fun venturing out into the unknown.

Jun 29, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #7 of 9
I'd buy an industrial ear muffs and try to fit the drivers in there. Or better still, buy an earphone of your choice and wear the ear muffs over them. Or if you care how you look like, just buy the product that suits your need.

Jun 29, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #8 of 9
hmmm... actually even a small attenuation of noise will be useful for me, like I wear those headphones in Lan PARty areas (gaming) lots of noise come from opposite teams, so a little bit noise dampening would help me, its not necessary that noise should be dampened totally / perfectly.

Jun 29, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #9 of 9
im not too familiar with high quality sound dampening material, but i doubt you would have to spend more than the headphones are worth in foam to get the desired performance. what makes you want to keep them instead of selling them for something more suited to your needs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back