How to Purchase RSA Tomahawk or Hornet?
May 28, 2007 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

gswilder

New Head-Fier
How do I purchase one of these 2 amps? When I got to the web site, there is a purchase page. But no where to click and add anything to a shopping cart.

Thanks

Greg

May 28, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #3 of 14
I doubt its automated. You probably call up or email Ray and figure whatfor out.

May 28, 2007 at 7:09 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgprater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Send an email to Ray Samuels, confirm that what you want is available, get the total price, then pay him via PayPal.

What he say!
Or buy used from a fellow Head-Fier...

May 28, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #8 of 14
I'm all thumbs with Paypal and I ordered a RED TOMAHAWK, OVERNIGHTED!!! Email Ray, He will take care of you. Piece of cake.

May 28, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #11 of 14
I would second all the comments above. I got my Hornet directly from Ray, after an audition, but I live in the Chicago area, so that was easy. But before that, I exchanged several e-mails and phone calls arranging the audition. Sometimes he replied within minutes, other times it took a few hours and one time 2 days. Just remember you are not shopping at Best Buy: this is an operation where one guy does everything, so communication can be tricky at times, but Ray's customer service is legendary around here.

Finally, having read the OPs comments about no "shopping cart" function on Ray's site, I had to laugh. I love Ray and his amps, but I get the sense he views having a web-site as a necessary evil. That certainly could explain the look of his site, which does not do justice to the beautiful build quality of his gear.

May 30, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblepaulz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I get the sense he views having a web-site as a necessary evil. That certainly could explain the look of his site, which does not do justice to the beautiful build quality of his gear.

I second that (although he clearly does not have to make the site himself, just as he presumably does not make his phone himself - or any of his other tools). but in the end, remember if you're shopping online you spend a wad on pixels - UNLESS you know that there are satisfied customers. RSA can boast excellent endorsements! and since he offers a transferable warranty, buying used on head-fi is a good option (as I found) unless you have special wishes... in that case, perusing the site (simple as it is) can certainly stoke anyone's gadget lust!

May 30, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #14 of 14
call him -- it's much faster and more effective. don't waste any more time thinking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back