how to remove earphone sleeves from SE530
Feb 23, 2010 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

emperorarghoslen

Head-Fier
Hi, I just got a pair of SE530's and I was wondering how to remove the earphone sleeve. These look quite fragile and i don't want to break a 275$ set of earphones so i would like to know how to change the sleeves. I tried to do what the manual says to twist and pull but it doesn't work well
Thank u

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #2 of 11
Try grabbing them with a towel and then pull and twist. It has made removing the foam tips much easier for me. If that doesn't work, you can try the freezer trick. Put them in the freezer for about 20 minutes and then try to take them off. The freezer trick is actually recommended by Shure and it wont damage the SE530's.

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #3 of 11
i also had trouble removing the foam tips they ship with, i just took a firm hold of the bottom end of the sound tube and putting my finger nails at the back of the foams pushed them of a bit at time after leaving them in the fridge for 10 mins befor hand( just could not bring myself to put them in the freezer)

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try grabbing them with a towel and then pull and twist. It has made removing the foam tips much easier for me. If that doesn't work, you can try the freezer trick. Put them in the freezer for about 20 minutes and then try to take them off. The freezer trick is actually recommended by Shure and it wont damage the SE530's.

Yeah, I used my shirt and grabbed on the tips really firmly and started twisting. It came loose with a sharp *snap* which really scared the hell out of me, but everything was fine. The barrel of the tips just decided to hang on that tightly.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Freezer trick works for me
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #8 of 11
Just bought the SE215 and I was having the same problem. I nervously put them in the freezer for 15 mins. After that the foam sleeve had hardened up and I was able to twist them off much more easily, to my great relief! 

Thanks for the tip.

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #9 of 11
Just bought the SE215 and I was having the same problem. I nervously put them in the freezer for 15 mins. After that the foam sleeve had hardened up and I was able to twist them off much more easily, to my great relief! 

Thanks for the tip.

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #10 of 11
squeeze and twist is the best way. i would also try a rocking back and fourth motion to break the seal loose if its the olives those tend to stick more than any other tip imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back