How to turn my Unison Research S2 into Headphone Amplifier?
Oct 4, 2011 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

maii

Head-Fier
I have Unison Research S2 and they sound good. They have 10 watts per channels left and right. They have 4 Ohm, 8 Ohm and Zero Ohm for loud speakers wire.

I have not use it since I have a baby and I could not turn any sound from my loud speaker on.

That why I decided to get a head phone system. My headphone system are Yamaha CD S2000>  Burson AB 160 Buffer > Burson HA 160 D> HD 800, HE 500

Burson is good but it's far from the word sweet. It's warm and cool but it's not that sweet.

I like Burson sound but since I turned(very few times) Unison research with Mullard EL34, Bugle boy 12AU7 > Vienna Acoustic(Bach) It sounds very sweet and I missed it with my headphone system.

May I ask you guys. How can I use Unison research with 10 watts power as headphone amp. I did researching that I have to use jack transformer with dale resistor(something). I am an artist (painter, Sculpture) not a technical guy so I think I will find a shop to help me make this kit. 

Would anyone help me explain? It would be grateful for me.

Best 

MAII

Nov 22, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #3 of 3
http://www.head-fi.org/t/578890/adding-headphone-out-section-to-full-sized-home-amps#post_7873700

if you want add a headphone jack the answer can be found in the thread above i started earlier. it looks complicated for me so I never went ahead.

I suppose there are simpler options, like connecting directly to the speaker output terminals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back