Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Dec 1, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #17,716 of 18,537
I'm looking to add an M-Scaler to my TT2. Any recommendations for BNC interconnects?
Look into Opto DX solution for best isolation.
Idealy with the RX unit on battery..

Dec 1, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #17,717 of 18,537
I'm looking to add an M-Scaler to my TT2. Any recommendations for BNC interconnects?
My experience has been that every pair I use results in a different performance at the headphone/speakers. I’ve tried the ones supplied in the box, a very basic unbranded set I had in the cupboard, a custom silver set from Aurealis in Australia (that were outstanding value for money) and finally a pair of Nordost Heimdall 2, which is where I’ll settle. They provide the meatiest sound with the most definition, resolution, and timbre of the cables I’ve tried. I love them, but acknowledge that there are probably other sets out there I’d love equally or maybe even more.

Dec 1, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #17,718 of 18,537
Look into Opto DX solution for best isolation.
Idealy with the RX unit on battery..
I've had the Opto DX on battery packs in my setup since I've had the M-Scaler. It works wonders in providing great isolation from RF noice and other digital artifacts, highly recommended

Dec 2, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #17,719 of 18,537
I just got a couple of short ones that work well for not a lot of money. It depends on how much you want to spend but personally I’m not a believer that a super awesome expensive cable makes a lot of difference. I notice some other owners have commented that the cable does make a difference. Personally I trust Rob’s ears if he is happy to allow Chord to ship with the included cables then that’s good enough for me.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 2:06 AM Post #17,720 of 18,537
I just got a couple of short ones that work well for not a lot of money. It depends on how much you want to spend but personally I’m not a believer that a super awesome expensive cable makes a lot of difference. I notice some other owners have commented that the cable does make a difference. Personally I trust Rob’s ears if he is happy to allow Chord to ship with the included cables then that’s good enough for me.
Rob has also said how much he appreciates particular aftermarket cables. I suspect the shipped cables are a courtesy rather than an indication of quality.

Dec 2, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #17,721 of 18,537
Doesn’t Rob himself state that he uses Wavestorm?

Dec 2, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #17,722 of 18,537
Dec 2, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #17,725 of 18,537
As others have said, best to try things if you can. I bought my MScaler 2019 and tried the supplied cables, plus two pairs of quite expensive Chord BNC Interconnects and finally a pair of Wave Cables (their cheapest at the time), and settled on these for my tastes, it’s not been touched since. I don’t doubt there will be some improvements in some systems going Opto and battery, but personally I don’t want the hassle.

Am hoping the new MScaler won’t be too tempting, but I think my wallet might be the winner 😄.

Dec 2, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #17,726 of 18,537
Am hoping the new MScaler won’t be too tempting, but I think my wallet might be the winner 😄.
Dont underestimate the power of your ears.. poor wallet :grimacing:

Dec 2, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #17,727 of 18,537
You lot are funny, beans on toast tastes better if I eat it at the Rubens at the palace, it will cost me £45 though. 😀

I just collected my mscaler and was offered a pair of used Atlas Hyper 1m cables too for half the new price of what I was told they are new, £200 for the pair, are those OK?

I wouldn’t want to be the headfier that everyone laughed at for using cheap digital interconnects.

Thank you everyone for teaching the error of my ways. 👍

I just checked the price of the Wavestorm cables £1500 for a pair. 😱 it looks like even at £400 I’m still eating breakfast at McDonalds 😂

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #17,728 of 18,537
Boy try get this press album
Those tams are real sounding..
Screenshot_20231202-125754_foobar2000 controller PRO.jpg

Dec 2, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #17,729 of 18,537
My experience has been that every pair I use results in a different performance at the headphone/speakers. I’ve tried the ones supplied in the box, a very basic unbranded set I had in the cupboard, a custom silver set from Aurealis in Australia (that were outstanding value for money) and finally a pair of Nordost Heimdall 2, which is where I’ll settle. They provide the meatiest sound with the most definition, resolution, and timbre of the cables I’ve tried. I love them, but acknowledge that there are probably other sets out there I’d love equally or maybe even more.
The silver shadows from Nordost are also great, they are now discontinued through.

Dec 2, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #17,730 of 18,537
You lot are funny, beans on toast tastes better if I eat it at the Rubens at the palace, it will cost me £45 though. 😀

I just collected my mscaler and was offered a pair of used Atlas Hyper 1m cables too for half the new price of what I was told they are new, £200 for the pair, are those OK?

I wouldn’t want to be the headfier that everyone laughed at for using cheap digital interconnects.

Thank you everyone for teaching the error of my ways. 👍

I just checked the price of the Wavestorm cables £1500 for a pair. 😱 it looks like even at £400 I’m still eating breakfast at McDonalds 😂
Haahhahahahahahahahahahahajajajaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back