Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Aug 12, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #14,614 of 18,991
Stop troling, it just needs 10-20min to warm up and thats it:)
I think you should edit out the “stop trolling” part. @RCC HD Sound is a non English speaker from Chile who uses google translate to post here. He’s a genuinely nice person with whom I’ve communicated in the past. Trust me, he’s definitely not trolling.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #14,615 of 18,991
Good morning,
I started using my TT2 in December 2020, so to date I have been using it for 256 hours.(aprox)
How many hours are required for Htt2 to reach its maximum splendor?
mhhhhhh
In all honesty, why would you need a minimum-set period before the Hugo TT 2 achieves optimal performance?

For what it's worth, my (very-new) Hugo TT 2 sounds just like the workhorse demo unit available in my local store. If there is/was any performance delta, I wouldn't be able to know, since my memory is sadly, fallible.

Just enjoy your music, is what I'd say. :)

Aug 12, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #14,616 of 18,991
The longest period of time you need to wait to hear the TT2 at its peak performance is the number of days you need to work to pay for it.

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #14,617 of 18,991
Sirs,
Gadjet67 is right, I'm not trolling.
leave the sarcasm for someone else; I have always respected you; therefore I demand the same respect for myself.

I have been informed in different sources that the cables require a period of "burning" (adaptation), even prestigious providers offer for an additional price to deliver the cables already burned, considering this situation I thought that our HTT2 due to the complexity of its electronics and the hundreds of internal conductors that it has, it could require a period of adaptation, isn't it to a certain extent logical?

well, I don't know, that's why I asked the question.
but from what I see you took it the wrong way.
now I understand what is your way of treating a foreigner.

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #14,618 of 18,991
磨合 期

扬声器 磨合

用于 音响 的 扬声器 是 复杂 的 机械 部件 , 要求 经过 磨合 期 以 发挥 出 自己 的 最佳 性能 , 适应 你 所处 环境 的 温度 和 湿度。 安装 仍然 很 严格 , 对 中 音和 低音 的 表现 会 产生。。扬声器 不会 在 新 环境 中 实现 最佳 表现。

磨合 期

这个 磨合期 会 根据 遇到 的 实际 情况 而 有所 变动 , 可能 会 持续 数 周。 为了 加快 运行 , 我们 建议 你 将 音响 开启 20 小时。 先 播放 一些 没有 超级 低音 的 音乐 并将 音量 调低 , 在这 20 小时 中 , 定期 调高 音量 并 改变 音乐 风格。 一旦 音响 的 各项 特点 完全 之后 , 你 就能 充分 享受 音响 的 性能 了。

将 音响 调到 合理 的 音量 , 这 能让 它们 继续 磨合 并 不断 改善。 一个 系统 磨合 磨合 50 小时 后 , 还要 继续 改进 , 这种 情况 并不 少见。

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #14,621 of 18,991

342, as long as you are using the right cables.

The longest period of time you need to wait to hear the TT2 at its peak performance is the number of days you need to work to pay for it.
Sirs,
leave the sarcasm for someone else; I have always respected you; therefore I demand the same respect for myself.

I have been informed in different sources that the cables require a period of "burning" (adaptation), even prestigious providers offer for an additional price to deliver the cables already burned, considering this situation I thought that our HTT2 due to the complexity of its electronics and the hundreds of internal conductors that it has, it could require a period of adaptation, isn't it to a certain extent logical?

Aug 12, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #14,622 of 18,991
Sirs,

You would have a point if I even knew you were a foreigner. I do not believe in burn in except for tubes. So, my answer of 1 hour is genuine. That is how long I burned mine in before letting people know what I think of it.

Aug 13, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #14,623 of 18,991
I didn‘t even think you meant him. I thought by „trolling“ you meant all the funny answers not the question🙂
But I really like the funny answers even when the question is serious (even if in this case 1 hour was also a real answer, although a short one😄). I do not post that often but I really like to make a joke or two about the seriousness in the hifi world. We have such an awesome hobby, but a lot of tweaking of the sound is often very close to insanity.
As an electrician I felt really crazy while putting 20 ferrite cores on my 2m bnc cables😂. In the end it makes a difference so it wasn‘t craziness but I could understand if my colleges (all non audiophile electricians) would make fun of this as it really looks crazy.

So from time to time I find it funny to take the perspective of non audiophiles and think about how crazy it actually is what I‘m doing. But then quickly come back to appreciate how awesome the sound is in the end. My father (definitely NOT an audiophile) was watching a movie on my stereo and asked me where the sound is coming from as it sounds to him like the voices are coming from the middle and not the speakers. This shows to me how uncommon even good stereo positioning is.
So to sum it up, lets embrace the crazy look to the outside world and enjoy the music and maybe laugh from time to time and don‘t take everything too seriously🙂

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #14,624 of 18,991
Hi everyone,

Just want to share what was told to me personally by Rob Watts, the designer of the Hugo regarding burning in of the device. He and John, the founder of Chord Electronics was in town to give a demo of the Hugo.

According to Rob, no burning in is necessary for the Hugo. He said he heard no difference between a well run in Hugo and one that was fresh out of the box. John also felt the same. That means the Hugo is good to go from the start. But....Rob did mention that for some dac/amps, burning in made the device better sounding. Just not the Hugo.

Enjoy your Hugo!
This seems to me a more coherent answer

Aug 13, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #14,625 of 18,991
I stopped using raid a long time ago. My week has been utter schitt as not only did I mess up my roon, but for the last day or so I killed my fibre internet for whatever reanson ?.
Chances are high that my prescription pain killers broke it for me………..when I was sleeping 🤪

Are you suggesting that SSD keeps you from needing redundancy for data?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back