I am a Basshead! Best Headphones for me for under 150$?
Jul 11, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #46 of 58
Don't be in a rush. If you take it slowly and read as many REVIEWS as possible you have a better chance of being satisfied the first purchase you make. I've only had one pair of hifi headphones and I'm extremely satisfied. Don't expect there to be a straight answer of whether these are the right headphones or not. We really cant decide for you.

When you do buy a pair of headphones just check the return policy, especially on ebay. Instead of buying an E7 or sound card right away use the money to buy two pairs of headphones mentioned, compare, and return the pair you don't like. 

Jul 11, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #47 of 58
I have decided on the pro 700 mk2 !! Now i gotta sell my monster miles davis!! I liked em tho

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #50 of 58

Quote:
Seriously you should get the ultrasone hfi 580. it fullfills my basshead needs. and it doesnt drown out the mids like the mk2 does

Pro700 MK2 > 580 in terms of bass quantity unamped... That's pretty much the biggest thing the OP wants.

Jul 12, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #51 of 58

Quote:
Seriously you should get the ultrasone hfi 580. it fullfills my basshead needs. and it doesnt drown out the mids like the mk2 does

+1...

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #54 of 58
Jul 12, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #55 of 58
But... but... OP wants only BASSSS

Immense bass that is. The type to engulf the entire ear; the HFI-580 has the detail and the thump but lacks the boom.

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #56 of 58
Let me restate something I said on a previous thread. Bassheads, by definition, are listeners who seek emphasized bass, bass which is both strong in presence and with good definition and texture, along with being balanced enough not to interfere with the rest of the spectrum.
If the OP only wants bass, one would read that he looks for quantity over quality, or the requirements would've been stated differently. Therefore, it's proper etiquette to advise the OP on gear that has both emphasized bass and well defined to boot.

So would the PRO700MK2 really be the best option that balances strong and defined bass that doesn't hurt the rest of the spectrum? And would the difference in bass presence between the PRO700MK2 and the HFI-580 be big enough to justify sacrificing quality over quantity? Because it's bloated, FR damaging bass preferences that give a bad name to bassheads.

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #57 of 58
Let me restate something I said on a previous thread. Bassheads, by definition, are listeners who seek emphasized bass, bass which is both strong in presence and with good definition and texture, along with being balanced enough not to interfere with the rest of the spectrum.
If the OP only wants bass, one would read that he looks for quantity over quality, or the requirements would've been stated differently. Therefore, it's proper etiquette to advise the OP on gear that has both emphasized bass and well defined to boot.

So would the PRO700MK2 really be the best option that balances strong and defined bass that doesn't hurt the rest of the spectrum? And would the difference in bass presence between the PRO700MK2 and the HFI-580 be big enough to justify sacrificing quality over quantity? Because it's bloated, FR damaging bass preferences that give a bad name to bassheads.

Let's think of it this way: the Pro700 MK2 is a much refined, $150 version of the XB500. I guess that counts as well defined and bassy, though loses out the HFI-580 in terms of bass detail.

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #58 of 58

Quote:
Let's think of it this way: the Pro700 MK2 is a much refined, $150 version of the XB500. I guess that counts as well defined and bassy, though loses out the HFI-580 in terms of bass detail.

How would you describe the bass of each set of headphones for electronica, the target genre of the OP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back