I feel like I might be nuts - CIEM's
May 28, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #32 of 45
UERM can be had for 800 at a meet if Mike shows up. It has the graph you are looking for.  

I'm waiting on my Hidition NT-6 order which is regarded as being reference quality(as you can see from the graph) with great clarity.  

May 28, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #33 of 45
That's a nice FR. If I could throw a few DB of bass onto it, it'd be just about perfect. The quick drop after maybe 15kHz isn't ideal, but it seems to be something just about all IEMs have, which is fine as long as it doesn't start too early.

It's really interesting that they only needed three drivers to get such a smooth FR. Makes you wonder why so many companies are shoving as many BA drivers into their IEMs as they can.

EDIT: I also talked to 1964Ears, apparently my demo pair should be ready in a bit less than 2 weeks. I've been going back and forth as to whether I should demo some UIEMs in the meantime by using Amazon's return policy, but I'm still not sure.

May 28, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #34 of 45
  That's a nice FR. If I could throw a few DB of bass onto it, it'd be just about perfect. The quick drop after maybe 15kHz isn't ideal, but it seems to be something just about all IEMs have, which is fine as long as it doesn't start too early.

It's really interesting that they only needed three drivers to get such a smooth FR. Makes you wonder why so many companies are shoving as many BA drivers into their IEMs as they can.

EDIT: I also talked to 1964Ears, apparently my demo pair should be ready in a bit less than 2 weeks. I've been going back and forth as to whether I should demo some UIEMs in the meantime by using Amazon's return policy, but I'm still not sure.

I can do 20 drivers (and have done).....  but I don't offer that commercially. 

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 28, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #35 of 45

I forgot - were they all TWFK? 
biggrin.gif
 If not, you might have been able to fit even more!

May 29, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #37 of 45

Maybe try demo the Shure SE846 with the White filter which has a few db of bass. The green line is the Shure SE846. It has a quick drop in treble, but most BA have this problem I noticed.

May 29, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #38 of 45

Wow, any benefit with 20 drivers? Or was it more of a "wonder if I can" project?

Maybe try demo the Shure SE846 with the White filter which has a few db of bass. The green line is the Shure SE846. It has a quick drop in treble, but most BA have this problem I noticed.

I keep getting recommendations to try the Shures. I'll see if I can try some out. That treble dip is still crazy scary, though. I EQ'd in a dip like that in my current headphones and the difference was pretty insane. Of course, that doesn't mean that's what the 846's will sound like. Wish I could sit down and listen to all these nice IEMs, Shures, JM's, Nobles, and 1964's.

May 30, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #40 of 45
  Have you looked at the graphs I posted?  I think not.  

Yes I did? Hidition NT-6 with a bass boost looks quite similar to the Shure SE846 with the white filter in my opinion. And he wanted more bass?

May 30, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #41 of 45
  UERM can be had for 800 at a meet if Mike shows up. It has the graph you are looking for.  

I'm waiting on my Hidition NT-6 order which is regarded as being reference quality(as you can see from the graph) with great clarity.  

How did u order that? Directly from its official website or through a local dealer?

May 30, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #42 of 45
  How did u order that? Directly from its official website or through a local dealer?

There is a section on the Hidition site you can click on for English instructions, PM me if you have trouble locating it.  The instruction tells you to take 5 pictures of the impressions of the different angles, so that they can determine how well your impressions are done.  Once, it's okayed, they will have you mail the impressions in, and once they receive them, they will let you know for payment and your address confirmation when they start the creation process.  You can call them also, they have an English translator if you have questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back