I NEED A BREAKDOWN! Akg 701 vs Shure 840 vs Beyerdynamic dt 880 vs ANYTHING ELSE
Apr 16, 2011 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jdubstuckopg

New Head-Fier
Hey Everyone,

This is my first post or blog or anything ever so I hope this works. I'm looking to buy a new set of headphones. It's kind of become my hobby lately. The only good pair I own is a pair of Shure SRH840's and a Udac2. I really like the sound and all but I think I'm looking for something new. I've been looking at the AKG 701/2 and the DT880's which I'm sure people have argued over time and time again but I have already read some threads and now I'm confused. So first, I'll just say remember I'm using a Udac2, I like Hip Hop, Soft Rock, Classic Rock, and every once in a while, Electronic.

My budget is looking around $2-250 depending on what's available. These days I'm leaning towards the Beyers because they seem better all around. But here's the thing, I've never heard 'soundstage.' So I don't even know what's good with that. Also, I like a more in your face sound, which is something the Shure's just aren't. They sound great but unless it's an upbeat electronic or poppy hip hop song, it's not getting me into the music. Is there anything else you can suggest? Oh and real quick, I like bass but not like crazy. I have a sound system and a sub for that in my room. That and I can add a couple of db's on the low low end if need to. I don't absolutely require a flat equalization. Help me, please!

Apr 16, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #2 of 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back