i need help deciding....
Feb 8, 2013 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mk4gtijoe

New Head-Fier
Right now Im stuck between the ath m50s the the k241mkii and k240mkii and the ultrasone dj One pros pro 550 hifi 580 and 780... Im deffinantly a basshead... But I want a balance.... Not all bass... I still want eartuake enducing bass but powerful mids and crystal but slightly recesed highs...might be paired up with a fiio e6 if I can afford it :p.... I listen to dubstep trap trance hardstyle moombahton gabber and all sorts of edm (electronic dance music) along with alot of death metal and death core along with the occasional country song. They Also need a good sound stage for when I decide to go movie mode and pop in saving private Ryan :wink:. HELP ME DECIDE!!!

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Im deffinantly a basshead... But I want a balance.... Not all bass... I still want eartuake enducing bass but powerful mids and crystal but slightly recesed highs

Not to nitpick, but there's no such thing as a "balanced basshead headphones." I assume you're searching for more than what we would normally call warm. That's not balanced... you might receive the wrong advice and get something that will simply end up as a disappointment. Oftentimes people buy the M50s because others described them as balanced headphones with punchy bass... then they come here wondering where all that bass went.

The new M50s aren't bassy. I haven't heard the AKG's but FWIR and assuming they're variations of the K240S then they aren't for bassheads either. Also check out the DT770/80 and the LP2's. (I'm assuming your budget is under $200 from the headphones you've listed)

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #4 of 4
Right now I have a pair of lps... The sound is pretty decent but the quality control on these guys are pretty bad...Ive received like 2 pairs with out the straight audio cable and the yolks were all lose and the leather is seperating from the band... Im on my 5th pair... And Ive given up on the lps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back