I need help finding a pair of headphones?
Sep 1, 2014 at 11:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Nat09

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone! So I am having some troubles finding a pair of over-ear headphones. I currently have my eyes on these:

- Marshall Monitors
  Amazon.com: Marshall 04090800 Monitor Over-The-Ear Headphones - Black: Electronics
  Some reviews said that the bass is too heavy.

- Bose QuietComfort 15
  Amazon.com: Marshall 04090800 Monitor Over-The-Ear Headphones - Black: Electronics
  This is a bit over my price range, also this only works if there is a battery in, which is another downside.

- Meze 88 Classics
  Amazon.com: Meze 88 Classics Headphones: Electronics
  This is also expensive

I'm looking for a pair that are closed-back and has a well-balanced sound quality, with a very comfortable design also with an in-line remote(which is why I didn't choose the ATH-M50x). The price doesn't really matter but my price range is under $250. Other optional features can be noise-cancellation, detachable cables, wireless, portability(collapsable, case, not bulky etc.).

Oh and one more question, are the ATH-M50x compatible with the AT335i apple headphone adapter?

Thank you so much for taking your time to read this!

Sep 2, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #3 of 5
Is portability important to you? If its not, do consider AKG k551 which is within your price range, inline mic, very balance sound, and superb comfort. Reason why i said its not portable is because its quite big imo, and non foldable.

If you need something more portable with a balance sound and inline mic within that price range, i can only think of sennheiser momentum (Go for over ear verson if your budget allows, otherwise, on-ear version sounds pretty decent for its price). V-moda M100 is also very good and portable as well as foldable.

Bose QC-15 is actually not that balance sounding IMO. Abit Bass heavy and coloured(but in a good way, YMMV)

Marshall monitor is actually a good choice too. It has filters which can be detach to improve clarity. With filters it sounds abit muddy to me, due to its bass.

Cheers!

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #4 of 5
Logitech UE9000. It has all the features you like, with a nice and punchy bass. 
A bit over budget though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back