I spent ~$30 for a pair of Campfire Nova
Mar 5, 2019 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

GunnerXL

New Head-Fier
Well sorry for the click-baitey title...I consider myself somewhat of a cheapskate/second-hand collector,half of my cans are retro/discontinued cans.

The story goes like this:
I recently browse through my local forum for head-/earphone hunting and stumble across a seller wanted to sell an allegedly broken pair of Nova. The seller claims the right unit was started to crackle after a few month of storage and wanted to sell it off as a replacement or scrap for $50.

I then contacted and ask a few more questions... The accessories were all missing, no pouch, no eartip; the cables aren't even original and frayed in one side.

Long story short: I bought it for $30 and think I can tinker or shell swap it if I can't fixed it. After some testing, blowing and 'gentle' & 'physical' persuasion, the crackling noise was gone!
My best bet was the driver was clogged in some way and it loosen after my persuasion. I ordered a new pair of cables and Torx screw driver to open it up in the future.

Let me know if you guys would like to see what's inside and I might post it here in the future. For now, I think I am the lucky man today.

Attachments

• DSC_0811.JPG
    DSC_0811.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Mar 5, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #3 of 4
If they really are Novas and if they really do work, you got yourself the deal of the century there, :)
Well, I think it's the real deal: machined housing, mid-forward signature, what's left of it is extended listening test after cable replacement. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back