iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Oct 14, 2023 at 2:41 AM Post #4,921 of 5,049
Update: I also hear the effect with filter 5... so I hear it with all filters.

Can you please explain the workaround?
Workaround is to use Neutron Player.
Any other app that I've tried suffers from this effect, even Mango Os.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #4,922 of 5,049
Maybe we can get @Paul - iBasso to weigh in on the issue.
I've already let Paul know that there might be a flaw in the latest firmware. He answered that it has to be a "conflict in the software".
@Paul - iBasso would you look into this matter once again as this seems to affect more of us?

Oct 25, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #4,923 of 5,049
Has anyone experience with opening the DX300 max? I have a hot air gun. I also have tools for opening a phone, e.g. vacuum opener. Is it sufficient to heat the back plate and take it off with a vacuum opener? Or where can I get under the glass plate from the sides?

Issue: The power button doesn't seem to be released. I'd like to check it.

Oct 25, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #4,924 of 5,049
Has anyone experience with opening the DX300 max? I have a hot air gun. I also have tools for opening a phone, e.g. vacuum opener. Is it sufficient to heat the back plate and take it off with a vacuum opener? Or where can I get under the glass plate from the sides?

I used some debonder all around the edge of the glass on mine but I think a hot air gun will work as well.

Oct 26, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #4,925 of 5,049

I had the same problem last month with my MAX. I sent it in to Urban Hifi as was instructed by the seller Moon Audio. They ended up fix the power button for me for free. It had been of course long out of warranty. Kian over there is a very nice guy.

Oct 26, 2023 at 1:47 AM Post #4,928 of 5,049

I opened it some time ago with a hot air gun and a vacuum opener. It is easy if you keep in mind that the most of the glue is at the center of the device rather than on the edges.

Oct 26, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #4,929 of 5,049
I used some debonder all around the edge of the glass on mine but I think a hot air gun will work as well.

I had the same problem last month with my MAX. I sent it in to Urban Hifi as was instructed by the seller Moon Audio. They ended up fix the power button for me for free. It had been of course long out of warranty. Kian over there is a very nice guy.

I opened it some time ago with a hot air gun and a vacuum opener. It is easy if you keep in mind that the most of the glue is at the center of the device rather than on the edges.
Thanks for all the support! Getting in contact with Urban Hifi, maybe they know an easy solution. As I am not based in the US, it's not so sensible to send it to them unfortunately.

Oct 27, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #4,931 of 5,049
20231027_135905.jpg

This is the coolest combo ever! 😎 with Ibasso PB5 OSPREY 😊
From a brief listing session: It has some tubey touch. The bass is rich yet detailed. I felt like I was listening to a desktop device. The highs are airy with nice sparkle and without any tendency to sibilance whatsoever.
And the soundstage has great depth which might be a surprise for a tube amplifier.
It is way lighter than the DX300MAX.
The volume knob works similar to the one in DX320MAX.
It is a great product!

Oct 28, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #4,932 of 5,049
Hi, anyone try to rool back to the older fw ? I'm just curious to hear from the older fw, it's better or worse! 😂😂😂

Oct 28, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #4,934 of 5,049
Would also like to know…want to avoid the marked adverse difference in ultimate mode in the latest FW
In my opinion the older firmware is better because the Ultimate Mode works as it supposed to work. In the newer one you lose much of the clarity while operating on UM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back