iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Feb 15, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #3,061 of 3,079

So now that you’ve posted photos, I wanted to clarify what you meant when you said this:

What I discovered was - right under driver shell (helmholz resonator) there`s little fabric venting filter as expected... but... driver shell is installed in a way that it
literally presses against that filter and that caused bad air-flow (and thus driver flex).

Is this the filter you were talking about?
375FD7EB-0F10-4D12-9FC0-74840A7521E3.jpeg

If it is the one I think it is, it should normally be installed here:
D4C3928E-319D-4F58-A353-90192E682302.jpeg

And yes, that is a front vent, which is in front of the driver and will alleviate driver flex (or cause driver flex if it is blocked or clogged).

Or did I misunderstand what filter you were talking about?

Feb 16, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #3,062 of 3,079
So now that you’ve posted photos, I wanted to clarify what you meant when you said this:

What I discovered was - right under driver shell (helmholz resonator) there`s little fabric venting filter as expected... but... driver shell is installed in a way that it
literally presses against that filter and that caused bad air-flow (and thus driver flex).

Is this the filter you were talking about?

If it is the one I think it is, it should normally be installed here:

And yes, that is a front vent, which is in front of the driver and will alleviate driver flex (or cause driver flex if it is blocked or clogged).

Or did I misunderstand what filter you were talking about?
Yes, you understood correctly. That little filter in that place you marked is pressed against driver shell (helmholz resonator) if misplaced. There is little ridge for driver and filter also but it isn`t enough as filter itself is actually pretty thick (black edge glue part).
And vent hole was not clogged. I even tried to punch hole into vent fabric with very thin needle but it took really hard swiggling to get air flowing (but it lost sub-bass by FR measurement).

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #3,063 of 3,079
I have the IT01 and am crazy about them. However, I would like to upgrade to something with a bit fuller, warmer sound. I'm somewhat high freq. sensitive. Any suggestions under $200? I listen to Blues, Jazz, Rock. Thanks!

Mar 2, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #3,064 of 3,079
I have the IT01 and am crazy about them. However, I would like to upgrade to something with a bit fuller, warmer sound. I'm somewhat high freq. sensitive. Any suggestions under $200? I listen to Blues, Jazz, Rock. Thanks!
Have you tried different tips to see how they alter the sound?

Mar 2, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #3,067 of 3,079
Aug 28, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #3,069 of 3,079
I guess driving these straight out of LG V30 would work? I'm trying to decide between these Fiio FA1, RHMA750, and Fiio F9 Pro. I can get them at more or less the same price in my country.

Sep 8, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #3,071 of 3,079
@Gee Simpson,

Just my humble 2 cents,

IT00 is smoother in overall frequency range & isn't as noisy as IT 01 with slightly less emphasis in the bass response.

Whether it is superior will depend on your sonic taste.

Hope you have a great day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back