IC: North Carolina meet, March/April 2014
Oct 19, 2013 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 78

JWahl

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello fellow NC Head-Fiers.

I'm looking to gauge early interest in a major springtime meet-up for the NC area.  I know in the past we have had meets in Charlotte and Winston-Salem how would you all feel about a Raleigh area meet?  This would also make it easier for Moon Audio to possibly attend and demo a lot of good gear.  Not to mention for some of us more eastern NC folks to drive.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.  I'm looking at least until after March since I'm considering getting the new AKG K812 with my tax refund and I'm sure several are looking forward to hearing it.  I just purchased the K712 and have been very impressed with it so far.

Oct 19, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #2 of 78
Charlotte
Would be PERFECT a great city, not to mention I've got friends there

I would have hopefully my Hifiman HM 801 RSA F-35 Lighting and my Balanced Dt 880 HE 400[J$money Pads Toxic Hybrid Cable] and my w1000x [Purrin's Mod L3000 Pads]

to contribute, along with my lap top with my seven refrance tunes

I might keep my at home gear well... at home! Still for those who do not believe in the balanced sound :D [the f-35 takes a Single End source and BALANCES it]

I only have this promotional image to share with you 

... LOOKING FORWARD TO IT [where ever it ends up] 

Oct 19, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 78
Last years meet in Denver (just north of Charlotte) had a nice turnout. Large room and lots of parking.

Oct 19, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #5 of 78
  Hmm there was another Winston Salem meet last year but it was FAR away from me q.q I was unable to make it  

I'm pretty sure Charlotte is even farther from you though.

Oct 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #6 of 78
  I'm pretty sure Charlotte is even farther from you though.

Actually I've been driiving to Charolette once a year for about 8 years now, to vist friends of mine... I think it's the same distance honestly. Both Winsten Salem and Charolette are like 4 hours from me, and I'm more farmillar with the drive to Charolette so there's that

Just count me as a fan for a Charolette Meet :3, there must be some Audio Shops in the area as well 

Oct 20, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #7 of 78
Hey there!  Good to see that another NC meet is in the works.  It would be wonderful if we could get Drew from Moon Audio to come and demo some gear.  If it were in his backyard, like you, I do think that he would be more inclined to attend.  A Raleigh meet would also, as you point out, make it easier for folks from Eastern NC (and, perhaps, those from Richmond) to attend.  I vote for Raleigh.   

Oct 20, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #8 of 78
  Hey there!  Good to see that another NC meet is in the works.  It would be wonderful if we could get Drew from Moon Audio to come and demo some gear.  If it were in his backyard, like you, I do think that he would be more inclined to attend.  A Raleigh meet would also, as you point out, make it easier for folks from Eastern NC (and, perhaps, those from Richmond) to attend.  I vote for Raleigh.   

Yea Raleigh works as well... I think Raleigh is closer to me than Charolette... I just wouldn't have any one to hang with [ie gatta pay for them hotels] and if it was a one day meet... I guess I could crash in the car ;3 

Oct 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #9 of 78
  Yea Raleigh works as well... I think Raleigh is closer to me than Charolette... I just wouldn't have any one to hang with [ie gatta pay for them hotels] and if it was a one day meet... I guess I could crash in the car ;3 

I for one will probably stay in the hotel where it will be held and most hotel rooms have 2 beds as probably will others.  We could probably work something out.

Oct 20, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #13 of 78
I'll be glad to throw in some loot on the space fee as well.

YOO Rasta you went to the last meet in Winston didn't you! I was sad to miss that one but lets hope I can attend this one :3 

Oct 20, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #15 of 78
  If you guys do one in Raleigh and I can get away from spring track for my daughter I may pop down to hang out with you guys and see my buddy Drew at Moon Audio

We would love to have you, Frank!  
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back