Identify used phones..Purchased new
Jan 11, 2013 at 12:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ematthews

100+ Head-Fier
Just received my new Beyer's this morning from Amazon. T90 version.. Great price too. In any case they almost look like they were demo's or maybe a returned item. Is there any concern here if they were returned from someone. I always worry about electronics. How they were treated.... Burn in....Time on them??? They look new. My reasoning is the cord was unwrapped and the adapter plug was screwed off. Maybe some scuffs on the ear pads velour but they may just be normal for the material. I can't try them until I get home tonight. If they sound fine would you return them? I guess there is no way of getting something that is 100% new from Amzon all the time.
I think I am over reacting since I am so picky with everything.

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #2 of 14
Did the box flap still have tape on it?

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #3 of 14
No. But neither did any of my other Beyer boxes that came from Amazon. There was no tape and no sign there ever was any..

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:
Just received my new Beyer's this morning from Amazon. T90 version.. Great price too. In any case they almost look like they were demo's or maybe a returned item. Is there any concern here if they were returned from someone. I always worry about electronics. How they were treated.... Burn in....Time on them??? They look new. My reasoning is the cord was unwrapped and the adapter plug was screwed off. Maybe some scuffs on the ear pads velour but they may just be normal for the material. I can't try them until I get home tonight. If they sound fine would you return them? I guess there is no way of getting something that is 100% new from Amzon all the time.
I think I am over reacting since I am so picky with everything.

RMA it.

It's Amazon, so they will cover shipping there & back and next day you a new pair.

Don't even question it, you just paid a healthy sum for a headphone and it's clearly been unpackaged by someone.

Very best,

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #5 of 14
Yep.. Going to do that but will try them out first to see if they fit the bill for my sound over the weekend. Only problem is, and I order a lot form Amazon... This was fulfilled by Amazon but sold from another company. Amazon said they would credit me but they have no more stock at the time. Well at the very least I will listen to them over the weekend.
Thanks

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:
Yep.. Going to do that but will try them out first to see if they fit the bill for my sound over the weekend. Only problem is, and I order a lot form Amazon... This was fulfilled by Amazon but sold from another company. Amazon said they would credit me but they have no more stock at the time. Well at the very least I will listen to them over the weekend.
Thanks

Hrm, I see. I don't order headphones from Amazon unless they are sold by Amazon and/or Warehouse deals from Amazon so that returns are no question, and you either get a refund or new item.

Very best,

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #7 of 14
I just took a listen and the T90 is going back and not for an exchange. Way to bright for me... The search continues..

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:
I just took a listen and the T90 is going back and not for an exchange. Way to bright for me... The search continues..

HE-400 
bigsmile_face.gif

Very best,

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #9 of 14
Yep. Gonna get the Hifiman 400 directly from them to make sure I get the latest update.. I also have the 600 credit from these at Amazon... Anyone care to let me know how they feel about the Grado rs1 and 2 line for progressive rock.

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:
Yep. Gonna get the Hifiman 400 directly from them to make sure I get the latest update.. I also have the 600 credit from these at Amazon... Anyone care to let me know how they feel about the Grado rs1 and 2 line for progressive rock.

Heya,

Getting the HE400, I wouldn't get a Grado in that price range unless you already know you love Grado, in which case, I would pass the HE-400 as they will be directly competing for head-time.

If you don't already have dac/amp equipment, you could use your amazon credit towards something like that. Or you could look at some other interesting complimentary headphones, like a closed back headphone, or something like that.

Maybe save that credit, get a wee bit more capital built up, and go for a Grado GS1000i. A used one tends to run $650~800 or so. Might pop up on Amazon. You could almost swing it. That would be a sweet Grado to invest into (g-cush pads for comfort right away and tuned for it).

Very best,

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #11 of 14
Thanks.. I run everything off my Emotiva gear or my Marantz.. The Emotiva set up has the XD1 in it which is my DAC.. thats if i listen to anything off the computer. Most of the time its CD's that I listen to......have the Bellari which I don't like for the amp. I think it needs a different Tube..have no idea what to get.

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #12 of 14

Amazon sells the HE-400s fulfilled by Head-Direct so just use your Amazon credit on them, they'll come right from HifiMan so they'll be the newest revision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #13 of 14
I will tell you one thing. These T90 Beyer's are sounding insanely good tonight on my Marantz gear.. Straight up with no amp needed.. Wow. If there are better phones out there, I will be super impressed... I do have to return these but when Amazon gets them in I will reorder if the HE 400 aren't as good or better..
Guess my Bellari really is that bad too.

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #14 of 14
It's really sad that I received used one. I wold just end up keeping them. Maybe.. If the T1 is really better like they say, it has to be a superb can

Users who are viewing this thread

Back