IEM for Metal genres under $40
Mar 24, 2022 at 3:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ChristianM

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
I'm looking for a new IEM for around $40, I listen Metal (death, black, thrash, Nu, goth etc.) Rock, Alternative and some pop and hip-hop.
I have Fiio M3K and recently bought DQ6 and not satisfied with it, too much bass and harsh treble with sibilant.
Tripowin Mele will be around $40 on Aliexpress Anniversary sale but from the graph it seems it has more bass than DQ6.
Please recommend any IEM, I only have money for one more IEM, no more IEM for a long time after that.
Thanks

Mar 24, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #2 of 2
Two I got which were good for metal was the Soundmagic. E80c used which would hit the budget, and they're low profile for helmets. The Venture Electronics VE Monk is $10 on Amazon and even less on AliExpress and they're my current daily driver. I take them everywhere since at that price it's not a worry about loosing or breaking them. They have a well rounded sound and 30 hours of burn in made the treble smooth out. I bought two and burned in one to do a blind test and on a treble heavy track the burned in one sounded smoother when cymbals and high hats are really going off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back