IEM for working out
Feb 4, 2018 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ZepFloyd

500+ Head-Fier
I know there are a TON of threads about headphones IEM or over the head phones for exercise. a search on google brings up a ton.

anyways....i've gone through numerous IEM's prob 15-20 over the years...numerous brands...i swear i can't find any IEM's that don't screw up on me...mainly shorting out and not working.

this last attempt with the JLab Epic 2's (2 pairs) has me seriously considering just going for over the head cans for my workout. i don't mind IEM's...i'm just having no luck with them. as a last ditch effort i'm turning to you guys for help.

i'd prefer somewhere around the $30-50 range...mainly because they are just workout headphones and they're gonna get beat up overtime. i just need to find some that are true to being sweatproof/waterproof. tired of one my earbuds cutting out after a few weeks/months

looking for wireless/bluetooth connected phones

any feedback/suggestions help. thanks in advance

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #2 of 3
My sister uses a cheap pair of Phaiser BHS-530 for gym, I tried it but the sound quality is not that great. it's decent, just not great. But it's very secure and well...it works...
I myself ended up buying a Bluetooth adapter for my Shure SE535 and never went back. Sound quality is still great for bluetooth and I get sound isolation. win win situation for me.
Aside from Jaybirds, I can only recommend ear-hook type earphones and "truly wireless" ones (cheap ones, i think around $40 or $50; never tried them myself but Amazon reviews are favorable)

Good luck with your search!

Feb 4, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #3 of 3
My sister uses a cheap pair of Phaiser BHS-530 for gym, I tried it but the sound quality is not that great. it's decent, just not great. But it's very secure and well...it works...
I myself ended up buying a Bluetooth adapter for my Shure SE535 and never went back. Sound quality is still great for bluetooth and I get sound isolation. win win situation for me.
Aside from Jaybirds, I can only recommend ear-hook type earphones and "truly wireless" ones (cheap ones, i think around $40 or $50; never tried them myself but Amazon reviews are favorable)

Good luck with your search!

appreciated. yeah i'm honestly not all that concerned about SQ...i just need these things to last more than a few weeks/months lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back