IEM headSET (w/mic) for small ear canals, very LOUD, isolation, NOT metal
Dec 5, 2017 at 2:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

halcyon

Headphoneus Supremus
My wife has very specific needs for her music listening. She's on an iPhone and uses her headset for both taking calls and listening to music. She has hearing impairment (genetic) and an imbalance between left and right ear. That's why she needs to use the built-in stereo left-right balance adjustment on the phone and the IEMs need to go LOUD even with iPhone (SE) output. To make matters more challenging, she has very sensitive and small ear canals (so the housing itself and the smallest buds, preferably foam, not silicon) need to be really small. And to top it off, we live above the arctic circle, so it's not nice to insert metal housing IEMs inside your ears, when it's -30C outside. So no metal.

So, what options are there for:
- wired headset with iPhone compatible mic (one button is enough, but can be multi-button)
- go very loud
- are very small (both tips and the housing)
- housing is NOT made out of metal (plastic and other resins are much better)
- hopefully isolate at least well (i.e. not just buds, or extremely shallow inserting headphones)

Price <$50 (Yeah, I know). Availability pref. within Europe (although Amazon.com does deliver, even if the postage/taxes usually make the price go triple).

I've looked for something like these everywhere, but such beasts seem to be quite challenging to find.

Any tips from other users? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back