IEM of Full sized Headphone?
Sep 4, 2010 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

LWKING

New Head-Fier
I finally decided to move on from earbuds. I absolutely love them but for the money I dish out, I'd like to have something that feels a little bit nicer. Also, I'm curious because I feel like I'm missing out somehow. I've never had a real IEM or a full sized headphone before so I'm looking to put money towards one of those. I need an IEM thats better than the TM5, as I've just sold it and now need a replacement. I absolutely loved it and really couldn't bash anything about it. I just wish it had a little more sparkle that I was used to from my Yuins, but that's just my personal preference. Sonically, it was superior in every way. If it sparkled I wouldn't be making this post. I figured if I could find an IEM that sounded like a suped up OK1 with bass, I'd basically be in heaven. 

The closest things I could find were the DBA-02 and the CK10. The SM3 could go in there too I suppose, but for that kind of money I think I'd rather just get a headphone. My first choice is the DBA-02 with all the buzz it's been creating. I've been following it for months and I plan on snatching one up in the FS thread as soon as they start rolling in, or on budgenaudio.com, whichever comes first.

My question is, for the price range of the DBA and CK10, is there a full sized headphone that I could possibly like more? At the moment I don't have a real amp, but I plan on getting the D2 or D4 sometime soon after my purchase. I'd prefer an IEM because of portability as switching from earbuds to a headphone would be quite a change, but if it sounds good enough I'd get over it pretty quick 
wink.gif
. I don't know much about headphones so please only knowledgeable recommendations. I plan on using them mainly at my apartment in a quiet setting. Also, as I've never had an IEM, Isolation means absolutely nothing to me. 

Sep 5, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #3 of 3
Hm.. Interesting. What types of situations do you use them in? I may have to get both. This time around I'm going for close to "perfection." I'd rather get it right the first time, but if I have to I'll get the other 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back