IEM shopping @ Changi airport, Singapore
May 1, 2014 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Winno

Head-Fier
Hi everyone.
I'm from Australia and later this year, I'm flying to Thailand with a stop over in Singapore for a few hours.

I'm wanting to pick up some Sennheiser IE80s but was wondering if there is a Sennheiser seller at Changi airport?
Is there a good section of other higher end DD IEMs there too?

I'd prefer to have a listen before buying, even if only for a few minutes. I'll be looking to upgrade from some modded Xiaomi Pistons.

Thanks for your help.

May 1, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #2 of 21
I believe you can get Senheisers from the tax free shop in Changi, they also have Audio Technica, Phillips, Beats, Souls, Jays and a few other brands as well and yes, demo for selected models are availabe.

May 1, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #3 of 21
Ok, great. Thanks for the reply.
I checked the Changi airport website for listed stores and services but it was unclear.

I'm also considering the new Ditas but may have to go to Dita direct via their website for that even though I'll be in Singas where they're from.
I'm not sure we'll have time to leave the airport and go to places like E1 and other head-fi shops for them.

Australia is devoid of good shops (and staff who give a damn) for head-fi and so most of the good stuff has to be purchased from overseas.

May 1, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #4 of 21
  Ok, great. Thanks for the reply.
I checked the Changi airport website for listed stores and services but it was unclear.

I'm also considering the new Ditas but may have to go to Dita direct via their website for that even though I'll be in Singas where they're from.
I'm not sure we'll have time to leave the airport and go to places like E1 and other head-fi shops for them.

Australia is devoid of good shops (and staff who give a damn) for head-fi and so most of the good stuff has to be purchased from overseas.

Best to head over to E1 or the likes for the Dita if you could, where you can demo it in person, and plus there might be quite a price difference if you purchase it there rather than the official Dita website

May 1, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #5 of 21
I'll check how much layover time we'll have and get over there if I can. It's quite a way from the airport and I don't want to miss my connecting flight.

If I can get in there or even give them a card number and have them ship them, it'll save me about AU$100 for The Answer and this makes it a smaller step up $ wise from the IE80.

May 2, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #7 of 21
I messaged the shop today and they replied saying that their pricing is about to go up.

Dammit.

May 2, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #9 of 21
Their old pricing finished 30 April
: (

Just having a look around for stuff to cash up for some Ditas.
Otherwise, I may just be happy with some IE80s.
But then, if the range at Changi is good, something else might tempt me...

May 2, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #10 of 21
Seriously?? Darnit to think I was going to audition it too when I go overseas later this month... oh wells bit less tempting now, see how it goes if I get to hear it eventually. E1 audio still sounds like a great place to check out for other audio gears, don't know much about what's on offer inside changi though

May 2, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #11 of 21
Yep.
Bit of a bummer but if I can raise the $, I'll still pay a bit more as I want something good to last me a while.

Famous last words?

May 2, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #13 of 21
E1 audio is a good place to try out stuff. Very conducive listening environment!

I got the DITAs (answer) there recently. And I'm loving it tremendously :) Feel free to PM if you need more info!

May 2, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #14 of 21
Hi everyone.
I'm from Australia and later this year, I'm flying to Thailand with a stop over in Singapore for a few hours.

I'm wanting to pick up some Sennheiser IE80s but was wondering if there is a Sennheiser seller at Changi airport?
Is there a good section of other higher end DD IEMs there too?

I'd prefer to have a listen before buying, even if only for a few minutes. I'll be looking to upgrade from some modded Xiaomi Pistons.

Thanks for your help.

How long is your stopover?

If you can, better leave your stuff in the locker at the airport and take the MRT and head to Jaben, or Treoo (I think Treoo does have physical shop somewhere in the city)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back