Iem suggestions
Mar 1, 2014 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

JuzModa

100+ Head-Fier
Ok guys i have a shure se425 with me now but i think that it is time to upgrade. I am in a dilemma of what to buy so i am asking for help from you guys. I have 1000 sgd budget and i want an iem. Shure se535ltd caught my eye but i want more suggestions. As the se535 some people said have bad clarity

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #4 of 11
1000 budget?, why se535, se846 is far superior in every regard and looks awesome!, I have the se535 ltd`s and clarity although good is not great, I can see what reviewers mean when they say that the 535`s sound congested on complex tracks, my FX700`s and PFE232`s are faster and capture more detail than the 535`s, but vocals are super sweet and smooth which is quite nice, I would like to note that bass is not anemic at all as some would lead you to believe but sub bass is not as pronounced as it could be making bass guitar and drums sound a bit artificial, in comparison se846 bass is much better, deeper and stronger but much more linear than say ie800, mids are smooth but portray more detail, speed is increased, highs are about the same,  maybe more extended, has some nice air to it, I find the soundstage great on both. Isolation is almost unbeatable, about as good as my prior er4`s, which is pretty much as good as it gets until customs, don`t worry about tubby housings, both iem`s are not much wider than the 425`s but are instead a bit taller (846 is a tad more bulbous) so they sit flush in the ear and work well even when sleeping on your side (both se846 and 535).

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #5 of 11
  1000 budget?, why se535, se846 is far superior in every regard and looks awesome!, I have the se535 ltd`s and clarity although good is not great, I can see what reviewers mean when they say that the 535`s sound congested on complex tracks, my FX700`s and PFE232`s are faster and capture more detail than the 535`s, but vocals are super sweet and smooth which is quite nice, I would like to note that bass is not anemic at all as some would lead you to believe but sub bass is not as pronounced as it could be making bass guitar and drums sound a bit artificial, in comparison se846 bass is much better, deeper and stronger but much more linear than say ie800, mids are smooth but portray more detail, speed is increased, highs are about the same,  maybe more extended, has some nice air to it, I find the soundstage great on both. Isolation is almost unbeatable, about as good as my prior er4`s, which is pretty much as good as it gets until customs, don`t worry about tubby housings, both iem`s are not much wider than the 425`s but are instead a bit taller (846 is a tad more bulbous) so they sit flush in the ear and work well even when sleeping on your side (both se846 and 535).

i think OP meant Singapour Dollars.....that's about 500 euro....690$.....

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #8 of 11
Ok thanks guysss ! :) how is the rhapsodio rdb 2v1 is it good?

Far as I'm aware that model you mentioned from Rhapsodio has been discontinued, or more to the point taken of shelves due to receiving bad reviews and feedback. If you're going to consider one of Rhapsodio hybrids look into the RDB v1 Mini or just the straight out RDB v1.

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #9 of 11
Audio Technica Ck100 if you can get it, outstanding clarity and speed, good isolation like shures, even more ergonomic, same mid forward signature with signature audiotechnica airy highs and extensions on both ends. I would recommend the se846 over the ck100 but if its out of budget the ck100 is a nice alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back