IEM under $150 for Alternative Rock
Mar 7, 2013 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Gunmetal

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys 
Im no audiophile but ive been experimenting with a few mid-fi iems under 120$ but somehow i couldnt find the right sound signature 
Ive searched around here on head-fi but most of the options mentioned here are really expensive for the genre i listen to 
I listen to alternative rock , metal and all of rocks subgenres except death metal nd hardcore etc
im basically looking for a guitar driven sound with deep punchy bass(i need a really good amount of bass) and a good amount of treble 
i heard that a fun V shaped sound is the best sig for rock 
i want to enjoy my music and listen for extended periods of time without getting bored
so i guess a colored sound is what im looking for (correct me if im wrong)
ive owned the Klipsch image s3 , velodyne v-pulse , RHA- Ma350 and most recently the shure se215 ltd 

decent iems but i found all of them to be lacking for rock , particularly in the guitar part and soundstage 
when listening to the se215 i found them to be a bit boring like i hear the music playing , but thats it , no enjoyment , nothing

anyway in conclusion im looking for an iem with a fun sound with a wide 3d soundstage 

im choosing between these iems but feel free to add more as i want my next iem to be a keeper :p

Klipsch X10
fischer audio consonance 
UE 700 
Thinksound Ms01 or ts02
Maybe Monster turbine pro gold 
Yamaha EPH-100 if i can find them as i heard they were discontinued

Sorry for the Long post 
Thanks so much in advance

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #2 of 12
IMO GR07, JVC FXD80, Sony XB90EX, FXZ100 willbe great match for these genres music with more guitars presense in music and tight punchy bass with sparky extended highs. 

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #5 of 12
The Klipsch X10 or TDK BA200 would both work well with the style of music you listen to.

Mar 7, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #6 of 12
I heard the ba200 suffered in the treble department and finding the right fit was somewhat difficult 

Xba3 sounds interesting but does it have a fun and engaging sound ?
also i read on celios' multi iem comparison that the gr07 can sound boring 

X10 sounds good but can its bass compete with dynamic iems?

and what about the turbine pro golds , are they good for rock and any word on the thinksounds ?

sorry for rambling lol but i want to get this right and not keep buying iems 4 or 5 times a year :p 

thanks for ur time guys

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #7 of 12
"im basically looking for a guitar driven sound with deep punchy bass(i need a really good amount of bass) and a good amount of treble "

sounds like GR07 is your choice. 

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #8 of 12
The X10's bass can compete with dynamic driver, I think it sounds better because it has the impact and depth of dynamics but its cleaner and more detailed bass because of the BA.

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #9 of 12
Hey Gunmetal, lendmeurears.com has the V-Sonic GR07 on sale for $139. I will be buying a pair of these myself.
+1 but I would have to recommend the Bass Edition as well.

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #10 of 12
You are essentially describing the X10s in their entirety. Not much else that would usurp them in this case. They do the V-shape, with deep bass, great energy for rock, and guitar-mids perfectly. 

GR07s, as mentioned, would also be very apt, as they attempt to do the same thing through different means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back