Iems under 200$ (Vsonic GR01 / 07 mk2 vs SONY MDR-EX600 vs rock it sounds r-50 vs Audio-Technica ATH-CKM99)
Apr 13, 2013 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

zzllloz

New Head-Fier
 (Vsonic GR01 / GR07 mk2 vs SONY MDR-EX600 vs Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Audio-Technica ATH-CKM99)
which one has the best sound quality? for : Hip hop , rap , electronic , rock...
i am using the Sansa clip+

Thanks in advance

Apr 15, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
 (Vsonic GR01 / GR07 mk2 vs SONY MDR-EX600 vs Rock It Sounds R-50 vs Audio-Technica ATH-CKM99)
which one has the best sound quality? for : Hip hop , rap , electronic , rock...
i am using the Sansa clip+

Thanks in advance

First off - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-278-iems-compared-astrotec-am-800-dx-60-added-03-31-13-p-659#post_6492044

"Best" sound as a criteria is so very ripe for criticism due to the semantics of it all. We'd have to know what sort of sound you'd prefer. If there was a quantifiable best we would have all gone straight to that one and not have bothered with anything else.

And genres, while helpful, don't do as well as stating sound/sig preferences, as people all have their different varying tastes as to how they like their genres to be presented. 

Apr 15, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #4 of 6
Technically, there is a quantifiable best, or at least within the realm of that which we're able to measure. Whether or not you'll like the best is completely up to taste. 

And +1 for sound signature over genre. I listen to rock and want my bass to be neutral to lean so it doesn't obscure all of the intricate instrumental work, while many other people like thick, hard-hitting bass for the kick drum and so have thick-sounding guitars. 

Apr 15, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Technically, there is a quantifiable best, or at least within the realm of that which we're able to measure. Whether or not you'll like the best is completely up to taste. 

And +1 for sound signature over genre. I listen to rock and want my bass to be neutral to lean so it doesn't obscure all of the intricate instrumental work, while many other people like thick, hard-hitting bass for the kick drum and so have thick-sounding guitars. 

I've yet to see a perfectly measuring IEM FR-wise and THD-wise and  decay-wise. Even within the realm of the measurable there are only gems but nothing that absolutely stands out as being top of the top.

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
I've yet to see a perfectly measuring IEM FR-wise and THD-wise and  decay-wise. Even within the realm of the measurable there are only gems but nothing that absolutely stands out as being top of the top.

Obviously. It's still very easy to tell when one headphone is likely to perform better than another, though. And it's also possible to get a good idea of how that headphone is going to sound. I've yet to hear anything that doesn't closely mirror how it measures. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back