If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Jun 8, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #7,936 of 19,253

Dave, you were promising comparative FR measurements. :wink:

OK, for fun I grabbed some early production data from the ER4SR and ER4XR units.  Below is the comparative graph.  As you can see, they are very closely matched in the midrange and high frequencies.  This isn't anything official, I just threw it together to give a general idea (because I promised Chris and others).

That actually looks like a pretty nice bass boost decision. Warmer than neutral a bit but nothing like most drastic curves. Can't wait. Mine just shipped! Baah!

Jun 8, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #7,941 of 19,253
Wanted to get SR and then I checked the shipping rate to Singapore ... 

I guess I have to wait until those are available on Amazon and get (free shipping). Bummer. 

Jun 9, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #7,943 of 19,253

Dave, you were promising comparative FR measurements. 
wink.gif

OK, for fun I grabbed some early production data from the ER4SR and ER4XR units.  Below is the comparative graph.  As you can see, they are very closely matched in the midrange and high frequencies.  This isn't anything official, I just threw it together to give a general idea (because I promised Chris and others).

Thanks!

That XR looks indeed like it might please many of those who found the 4S to be a little too "boring" in the lows (not me) - mild boost in the root, climax is below 100, around 50 Hz, no spillage into the upper root/lower mids. That's a pretty nice tuning indeed. 
thumbs_up_smiley.gif

Jun 9, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #7,949 of 19,253
Jun 9, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #7,950 of 19,253
Hi Dave,

The Etys are great sound wise but their wires are notoriously microphonic. Do the new models promise significant improvement in this area?
I'll have to second that... weakest link in this otherwise great IEM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back