iFi audio iDSD Signature - The saga continues!
Nov 25, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #1,891 of 2,172
I have also a iDSD micro Diablo in for comparison vs the iDSD micro signature.

what is your thoughts of the Signature with 7.4c GTO filter installed vs the Diablo SQ wise, if we dont look at the power spec, just the sound at the same volume level. Is the Diablo superior in all areas vs the Micro Signature? ( Used with planar headphones)

2. Is it possible to install the GTO filter on the Diablo also?
What are your thoughts comparing the Diablo to the signature?

To answer your question regarding the GTO filter on the Diablo as long as you grab the right Diablo filter you can install the GTO filter. In the Diablo Head-fi forum they've been discussing the GTO filter for a while.

Nov 27, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #1,892 of 2,172
Hum, all the reviews i have seen and read through i find are overrated because the difference between these two units are very subtle, and i do not feel the power difference at all and the sound is more ample and got more focus in the signature vs the Diablo. But I will try to change the filter to the GTO in the Diablo and compare. 👍
The Mojo 2 and Hugo 2 got much more transparency and depth vs all iFi units, but the Chord units need the amp power.

So if chord made a Hugo 3 with the power of the Ifi signature, it would have been a killer product.

(I use to drive a Ifi micro Black Lable with a Hugo 2 using line in on the BL and that was a great combo👍)

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #1,893 of 2,172
A quick set of questions to Mac Air M2 users
  1. How is Signature working under Mac OS X Ventura on M2 CPU? No glitches, etc?
  2. What cable are you using to connect Signature to a notebook since there are only USB-C ports available?
  3. Can an ifi OTG cable be used to reduce cable madness using different USB connectors/extenders/converters/hubs?

Dec 19, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #1,894 of 2,172
I've had my iDSD Signature for over a year now a days just now I'm realizing the spdif is damaged, the port is looses and out the circuit board. Where can I send it for repairs? I can't seem to find anything on the iFi website mentioning repairs.

Dec 24, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #1,895 of 2,172
Hello i have question here, my setup is my ifi signature (over 1 year) with ifi usb otg cable as shown in picture, sometimes when i use it when listening music, i got sudden volume jump and then normal again, its kindda annoying, im not try the other cable yet since i dont have it, i just want make sure usually is this related to cable problem or the amp of signature itself?!

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #1,896 of 2,172
Hello i have question here, my setup is my ifi signature (over 1 year) with ifi usb otg cable as shown in picture, sometimes when i use it when listening music, i got sudden volume jump and then normal again, its kindda annoying, im not try the other cable yet since i dont have it, i just want make sure usually is this related to cable problem or the amp of signature itself?!
Are you using IEMatch? I remember on my unit the IEMatch toggle would sometimes get stuck in the middle and activate itself occationally which caused volume jumps.

Dec 25, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #1,898 of 2,172
Are you using IEMatch? I remember on my unit the IEMatch toggle would sometimes get stuck in the middle and activate itself occationally which caused volume jumps.
Im using another cable to desktop all day, no issue at all, im sure now it's the cable factor, weird that the ifi short original usb cable defective so easily so sad :frowning2:

Dec 26, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #1,899 of 2,172
Im using another cable to desktop all day, no issue at all, im sure now it's the cable factor, weird that the ifi short original usb cable defective so easily so sad :frowning2:
I had the original IFI cable and for some time thought my internet was dropping out as the music would stop for several seconds.
Picked up a cheap OTG cable from Amazon as a spare and that was perfect. It was the Ifi cable that was faulty.

Dec 27, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #1,900 of 2,172
anyone uses the ifi signature (old model) with ps5?
I'm using for sometime now but It always got disconnected and I have to turn off the signature and turn it back on to have sound back
it never happened to me on pc for +1 year
*I tried same cable for both, and bought new cable just for testing, same issue on both

Dec 27, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #1,901 of 2,172
I had the original IFI cable and for some time thought my internet was dropping out as the music would stop for several seconds.
Picked up a cheap OTG cable from Amazon as a spare and that was perfect. It was the Ifi cable that was faulty.
I bought a ifi short cable to piggy back my sp1000m astell&kern dap onto the signature & found that sometimes the sound would drop out sometimes if the cable in the signature was slightly wiggled. I ended up sleeving the end so it fitted into the signature tighter which solved the problem completely.

Dec 28, 2022 at 5:46 AM Post #1,902 of 2,172
I bought a ifi short cable to piggy back my sp1000m astell&kern dap onto the signature & found that sometimes the sound would drop out sometimes if the cable in the signature was slightly wiggled. I ended up sleeving the end so it fitted into the signature tighter which solved the problem completely.
What did you use to sleeve it, electrical tape?
Might try that as still have the xDSD and Ifi cable which someone could use.

Dec 28, 2022 at 6:37 AM Post #1,903 of 2,172

Attachments

• 16722273746793124748219448155034.jpg
    16722273746793124748219448155034.jpg
    575.2 KB · Views: 0
Dec 28, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #1,905 of 2,172
I put a message with that picture but I don't think it posted. I bought a cheap $2-$3 otg to c adapter & cut off the black plastic sleeve. I also used a short cut off zip tie piece for each side to add width then with hot water I slide the piece over the ifi cable connection.
You could cut off the blue sleeve on the ifi cable that came with the signature if you want & do the same thing. As long as it fits in the signature firmly that's all that matters. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back