[ignore thread]
Feb 23, 2013 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Loqi-Fi

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

I realise this has been answered a million times but there are just so many different opinions, some outdated, that I've decided to open up a new thread.

As many others I'm looking for over ear headphones around 300$ -- i won't mind if they're cheaper as long as it doesn't effect the quality and i can put up with 350$ if I'm advised to.
I will use them almost only for music. I listen to rock, hip hop, some dubstep and electronic music.
Audio  source   will be my computer and also my  telephone (galaxy s).
(The headphones don't need to be stylish, but I'm hoping them to be at least decent looking.)

This will be my first pair of headphones and because 300$ isn't change for me I don't want to buy a bad pair. I'm trusting you guys 100%.

Side note: I'm new to this headphone thing but I have read and watched some reviews.. With my poor knowledge I concluded the AKG K701/K550 or Denon AHD2000 are good sounding, and I liked Fanny Wang DJ 2000 but I've been told they're not worth the money.

Thank you all in advance.

EDIT: JUST IGNORE THIS THREAD, thank you

Feb 23, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #2 of 5
What headphones have you had an opportunity to listen to in the past, and what were your impressions about those?  

Would you be interested in using an amplifier, or is that not a practical option for you?

Edit:  I see you mentioned something about amps.  Sorry!

Feb 23, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #4 of 5
I've only listened to a few DJ headphones which I liked but I don't have enough experience to tell you particulary what I liked.

Besides at home the - source being my computer, I'd listen to them on the road hooked to my phone so I suppose I need them to have a built in amp.

I listen to music with bass and Ave Marias so don't focus on high-mid-lows quality.

If active noise canceling messes up the sound like I was told I'd definitely go for passive noise cancaling if possible.
But as I will still be in public any major leaking isn't wanted.

I know I've put out a lot of criteria but you dont have to cover them all. There probably isn't a perfect pair of headphones for me but let's find the closest one.

Again, thank you. :)

Feb 24, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #5 of 5
So if I'm understanding you right, you want extremely loud, don't care one lick about quality, need them to drive from anything, and they need to provide some isolation, but you're opposed to ANC. Well, I'd suggest the Beats Pro - Tyll put it best:

"For DJs, full marks; the other half is the half of “hard core music lovers” who don’t care about the health of their ears, these headphones will do a great job of playing music loud for them while their hearing lasts." (from this article: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/monster-beats-dr-dre-pro)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back