i'm desperate for headphones!any suggestions?the ones i listed aren't any good.
Oct 25, 2007 at 6:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

DOPPELHERZ

New Head-Fier
are the denon dn-hp1000 good for only djs-or can anybody use them?i 'm looking for extremely loud headphones-much louder tham what people use.it also has to have loud and rich bass.my radio has 16-60 ohm.i'm not deaf-i just need loud music.i've tried so many different ones and had to take them all back because they weren't loud and the bass was terrible.any suggestions?thank you.in case you want to know-here are the ones i tried that weren't any good:1)sennheiser 280. 2) sony v600 3) sony v700 4) philips mdr200( these were the best but the left earphone always blew out.) 5) philips mdr400 6) 2 philips noise cancellations that said were loud for normal use 7) audio-technia ath-d40fs 8) 2 different styles of skullcandy. i think that's it.the skullcandy for $40 was the second loudest-but not loud enough for me.it seems that the quality of headphones are very lousey!

Oct 25, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #2 of 10
Man, you need to capitalize and put spaces between sentences! It's going to be hard getting responses from members to something this hard to read.

Anyways, what are you driving them out of? If you want loud, you'll need a good amplifier circuit driving them unless you go with very sensitive headphones.

Oct 25, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #4 of 10
Might I ask why you're so insistent on loud music if you "aren't deaf"? Hearing loss and tinnitus are real problems...and cranking your 'phones to a volume where the driver blows certainly isn't recommended.

Oct 25, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by DOPPELHERZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i 'm looking for extremely loud headphones-much louder tham what people use.it also has to have loud and rich bass.my radio has 16-60 ohm.i'm not deaf-i just need loud music...

There is a reason why people do not listen loud. Loud music = going deaf. There is no way around it. Buy yourself a ratshack sound level meter and test your volume. It should not be higher than 80db to be on the safe side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOPPELHERZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
philips mdr200( these were the best but the left earphone always blew out....

If they blow out because of loud music I really feel sorry for your ears.

The headphones you recommended are the high low-end, there is much better, but they should be able to play really really loud anyway.

Is your radio your main listening device? I can't image anything worse than radio quality music, both in sound quality and in music quality, played to earbleeding levels.

If you really don't like to hear your surroundings for the rest of your life, buy a portable amplifier.

Oct 25, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #6 of 10
Yeah, you really should go see a doctor. Playing headphones at levels that loud will lead to permanent hearing damage quite quickly. Don't try to act "tough" either... everyone's ear is just as prone to damage as someone else's.... No way to train your ears to be strong, just more deaf.

Oct 25, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #7 of 10
Your request is like posting at a gourmet site and asking for food. The taste doesn't have to be good, as long as there's lots of it. If you're not deaf then you soon will be if you insist on loudness over sound quality. The whole point of quality IEM's or headphones is that you don't have to play them loud. Even amps aren't made to make music louder but to act as a magnifying glass. Do yourself a favour and have your hearing tested. If it's okay then you need good isolating cans or IEM's so ambient noise won't disturb you. MOst of all, try to get used to playing your music at lower soundlevels. It's like swimming in hot water, you get used to it.

Oct 25, 2007 at 7:50 AM Post #8 of 10
You need a headphone amplifier if you want to really go loud. Something simple like the boostaroo or a "cmoy" off of ebay should do the trick for you. You'll also need a mini-to-mini cable to connect your radio/cd player/ipod/whatever to the amplifier. The amplifier will give you louder, cleaner sound.

Listening too loud will literally make you go deaf, and you'll never hear again after that. This isn't a "getting a tattoo" kind of bad idea, this is a real, permanent, life changing bad idea. Fair warning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back