I'm new at all this and not a sophisticated audiophile...
Nov 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

glorkaglickflic

100+ Head-Fier
...but I have audiophile aspirations.  I would like to find a full sized headphone amp that would be able to drive the HE 6 and the Etymotic ER 4S.  I would be buying for the future, since I have neither of these phones.  I'm looking for a neutral amp.  I'm not looking for pleasing coloration, but an analytical sound.  I want the amp to reproduce the source exactly as it is.  If the source is poor, so be it.  presently, I have an AKG K 501, an unmodded Fostex T50 RP, and an Ultimate Ears Super-Fi Pro (that was bought before Logitech took over the company).  I'm not sure about tubes,but I would prefer a solid state amp.  Price range would be up to $1000, hopefully lower. Really, I'm trying to get the Stax SR009 experience as close as possible.  I listen to all kinds of music, from classical to classic rock, and I'm willing to sacrifice coloration for acoustical truth. I hear so many good things about German, Chinese, and Korean amps, but frankly, I'm just confused and overwhelmed.  I hope somebody can help.  Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back