I'm searching for a pair of wireless headphones
May 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

zecupoor

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I'm currently using a pair of  beyerdynamic dt990s and a centrance dacport. I'm willing to try a pair of wireless headphones -I hope this is the right section- since it's a little messy here (I have too many cables on my desk, and they tend to tangle together a lot), but I'm concerned about sound quality: how much do these things compress audio? I'm mostly listening to 320kbps ogg vorbis (spotify premium) and flac files; I know it's impossible to stream a flac via bluetooth without compressing it, but I'd be okay if the quality would be similar to a 320kbps file. (I'm sorry for the trivial question, but I have never tried a pair of wireless headphones).

Also, is there any pair which sounds similar to the dt990?

May 12, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #2 of 5
For bluetooth, my favorite so far is the Meelectronic Air-fi 32. It isn't anywhere near the class of the dt990. It's more in line sound wise with a Bose OE. They can be had for around $50. Maybe you could consider a bluetooth wireless receiver and still use your dt990.

May 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Sennheiser RS220 could be an interesting option.

Well, that's indeed an interesting option, even if it's not exactly a cheap one.

From my understanding however they aren't bluetooth and I would still need to connect the base station to my laptop. That would be currently impossible, my audio jack is broken, I can only use a dac connected via usb or stream wirelessly

May 12, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #5 of 5
how about ue9000....only works with mac..ipad...iphone..
sounds like a dt990 but without the recessed mids
very engaging sound..no sibilance or muddy bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back