I'm setting up a desktop system
Sep 7, 2023 at 5:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

WILLJS

100+ Head-Fier
hi, i'm setting up a desktop system. it consists of a Fiio E10K running from my laptop (Tidal Hifi), driving a pair of Focal Elegia's/Hifiman RE800 Silvers (depending on what i feel like listening to). Are there any tips or tricks to getting this setup to the next level? I've been thinking of a AudioQuest Jitterbug? my laptop has 3 usb sockets, wired in parallel, which creates a bit of noise. Is the Jitterbug as good as it's talked up the be? Does it eliminate enough noise to be worth it?

Sep 7, 2023 at 6:02 AM Post #2 of 6
If you only listen to music and don't need to pass system audio, look into a streamer. A cheaper option could be Pi based.

Otherwise, a DDC would be the next recommendation, but they start at a few hundred dollars.

My experience with devices like the one you mentioned is they're hit or miss. Sometimes they're a minor improvement, sometimes there's no audible improvement. You should definitely try it, but I'd purchase from someplace you can easily return if it doesn't help.

Sep 7, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #3 of 6
thanks, i'll probably just wait until i see one second hand (i've seen them cheap before). i also see the Arylic s50 come up cheap to, do they have a digital output?

Sep 7, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #4 of 6
i wouldn't use a network streamer so much, but would use something like the topping M50 desktop audio player

Sep 7, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #5 of 6
thanks, i'll probably just wait until i see one second hand (i've seen them cheap before). i also see the Arylic s50 come up cheap to, do they have a digital output?
Sorry, no experience with the Arylic stuff personally.

Sep 7, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #6 of 6
all good, i'll look into it, if they have USB Out then maybe worth a try with a seperate headphone amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back