Immersive Feeling In Headphones
May 25, 2014 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TWerk

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey Head-fi!

Anyways, occasionally when listening to some of my headphones, I get a euphoric feeling of being surrounded and immersed in a song. You all have probably experienced the feeling before, perhaps accompanied with some nice goosebumps to go along with it. Throw away perfect accuracy, technicalities, materials, and price. I'm in it for the goosebumps.

This is the reason I'm in this headphone hobby. It's to get that "feeling" that rush of hearing some beautiful music. It's like a drug. You guys know what I'm talking about? Do you get "that feeling"? 

If so, which headphones do it for you? Perhaps you can describe the feeling and what the headphone does which is special. Is there a particular one that gives you a high while listening to music?
Thanks in advance. 
beerchug.gif

May 25, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #2 of 3
Perhaps it is the tongue asking for a more, incandescent taste. Maybe it is the drug having less effect on my dopamine receptors; but i've found some of my cheaper, and earlier headphones as giving me more of that feeling.

Sennheiser HD202 and the HD555 (before both broke), and I climbed up the ladder.
It could also be that they're more forgiving (primarily listen to 1900-1950 music.)

May 25, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #3 of 3
  Hey Head-fi!

Anyways, occasionally when listening to some of my headphones, I get a euphoric feeling of being surrounded and immersed in a song. You all have probably experienced the feeling before, perhaps accompanied with some nice goosebumps to go along with it. Throw away perfect accuracy, technicalities, materials, and price. I'm in it for the goosebumps.

This is the reason I'm in this headphone hobby. It's to get that "feeling" that rush of hearing some beautiful music. It's like a drug. You guys know what I'm talking about? Do you get "that feeling"? 

If so, which headphones do it for you? Perhaps you can describe the feeling and what the headphone does which is special. Is there a particular one that gives you a high while listening to music?
Thanks in advance. 
beerchug.gif

Ya I got this feeling from AC/DC back in black on some HD-800s at a headphone meet in Charolette NC.  Untill that point I just didnt know it was possible.  Ive never been able to afford the HD-800s however both my HE-500s and beyerdynamic T1s do it alot.  TBH goose bumps require TOL headphones, I never got it from my old HD-650s or my friends grado 325is.  If a company can put out a product that can do what the HD-800s/T1s/HE-500s/LCD-2 do for say even close to a reasonable price like $300 or less you would have a company that could go main stream. 

The sound stage on the HD-800s/T1s do it for me and the speed on the HE-500s and LCD-2s do it for me. So far any other headphone and I have heard alot just can't give me that jaw droping goose bump life like clairty that those headphones do.  with cheaper headphones you always know at the end of the day that the music is not real,  but some times (rarely it has to be a very well done recording) on the above metioned headphones I have felt like the sound was real if i closed my eyes.  When music sounds real, it happens.

On that note I really want to hear some electrostatic headphones, from what people say they are on another level in terms of resolution. I bet electrostatic headphones are gose bumb kings 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back