Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 10, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #15,661 of 18,240
And I wonder, is this crap really worth it? I mean, there are a multitude of iem manufacturers. There are wonderful iems out there. The Chinese dawn is an example of that. Is it really worth it to be like this, for months or years, not knowing anything about your money or if you will receive the iem you bought? Having to listen to outright lies about what happens to your purchase?

You have to be very fanatical, very gullible, or both to go along with all this, don't you think?
You are quite right, the whole thing seems surreal... To me, it was cos the drivers, i simply cannot afford any AMT out there, let alone a combination of mem, and CM, a product which has no alternative out there yet, so to certain extend, i am paying less but wait longer. it's very frustrating when time is dued and product delivery kept delaying, yet for the same reason above, i chase instead of refund. Admittingly, i am not a fanatic to imr sound but a fanatic to the unique drivers combination. O, also cos the previous experiences with imr flagship models, they delayed but came finally. Well, just wait and see, hopefully i will get it before xmas... good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #15,663 of 18,240
Dec 10, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #15,664 of 18,240
Seems incredibly strange that you would receive a custom Enigma before anyone else receives their standard Enigma. That just makes no sense at all.

Dec 10, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #15,665 of 18,240
Seems incredibly strange that you would receive a custom Enigma before anyone else receives their standard Enigma. That just makes no sense at all.
i am not sure i would be getting mine before other universal enigma, but i can understand how it could come about around the same time; unlike other companies which have their uiem in stock, which makes the ciem more work in terms of the ear impressions, i sent my ear impressions shortly after i placed order, and imr developed the enigma concurrently for both the uiem and ciem, so i guess that's why i can get it around the same time frame. but like any imr special builts, i won't be too excited until i actually have them in my hands, but at least i am hopeful.

Dec 11, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #15,666 of 18,240

Bob looked at launching an AMT CIEM about 2 or 3 years back - look up mentions of the Stingray on this thread, it's probably here somewhere. He was trying to branch out into CIEMs, but the final product didn't pan out and he refunded people who ordered. Believe that was getting manufactured outside of the UK, so not beyond the realms of possibility he's using the same manufacturing house this time round.

Fingers crossed you guys start seeing some product soon - will make a pleasant change for this thread if that happens.

Dec 11, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #15,667 of 18,240
Bob looked at launching an AMT CIEM about 2 or 3 years back - look up mentions of the Stingray on this thread, it's probably here somewhere. He was trying to branch out into CIEMs, but the final product didn't pan out and he refunded people who ordered. Believe that was getting manufactured outside of the UK, so not beyond the realms of possibility he's using the same manufacturing house this time round.

Fingers crossed you guys start seeing some product soon - will make a pleasant change for this thread if that happens.
i was one of the cm stingray ordered n refunded. i asked bob for a cm enigma cos of that, a cm amt has always been my dream iem.

Dec 11, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #15,668 of 18,240
Well, at least I've received the Dawn today, as a gift. I was not sent any tracking number, I wasn't expecting it!

It is SO tiny! Too bad that I cannot connect it to my iFi GO Pod. I am listening to it now. Sounds good. But so tiny, it hardly stands inside my ears.

Let's hope my tracking number will update tomorrow, as Bob promised.

Attachments

• IMR_Dawn.jpg
    IMR_Dawn.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Dec 11, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #15,669 of 18,240
Well, at least I've received the Dawn today, as a gift. I was not sent any tracking number, I wasn't expecting it!

It is SO tiny! Too bad that I cannot connect it to my iFi GO Pod. I am listening to it now. Sounds good. But so tiny, it hardly stands inside my ears.

Let's hope my tracking number will update tomorrow, as Bob promised.
Congratulations on getting your gift!.
At least my prediction on your gift was right 😎

Dec 11, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #15,671 of 18,240
Just picked up a set of the original one piece tuning nozzles with the 50% off code from IMR sale email. The copper colour filter from this set is the "magic" filter that goes so well with the 2023 Drivers/iems so for £20 a nice tuning set for playing with

Dec 11, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #15,673 of 18,240
Dec 11, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #15,674 of 18,240
Just picked up a set of the original one piece tuning nozzles with the 50% off code from IMR sale email. The copper colour filter from this set is the "magic" filter that goes so well with the 2023 Drivers/iems so for £20 a nice tuning set for playing with
May I ask if these filter sets are different from the sets included with their latest (2023) IEM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back