Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 6, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #15,586 of 18,067
Thanks for the explanation! That’s really useful in clearing up some of my confusion! I guess the MEMs driver in the Seraph+ must be doing something to the bass also because it is quite phenomenal. I don’t have the IMR BC to compare against, but the bass on Seraph+ it is certainly half a step up from the Titan and a full step up from Dark Matter.

The best bass for me is represented by iems such as Fatfreq Maestro SE, Empire Ears Odyssey, Nightjar Singularity and FiR Xe6. The bass on the Seraph+ approaches those levels. I am not saying that it competes with those bass monsters. But it is not far behind.
Very interesting Thanks.
I wonder how the Seraph compares with the Seraph+.
I dont find spectacular bass in my seraph . But spectacular clarity and kids for sure.

Dec 6, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #15,589 of 18,067
Very interesting Thanks.
I wonder how the Seraph compares with the Seraph+.
I dont find spectacular bass in my seraph . But spectacular clarity and kids for sure.
I wouldn't know. From the specifications, the difference is the added ESTs on the Seraph+. Not sure how the additional ESTs affect bass unless the MEMs was tuned on the Seraph+ to be more bass centric since there is the presence of the ESTs for treble. Not sure if that even makes sense!

Dec 6, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #15,590 of 18,067
I wouldn't know. From the specifications, the difference is the added ESTs on the Seraph+. Not sure how the additional ESTs affect bass unless the MEMs was tuned on the Seraph+ to be more bass centric since there is the presence of the ESTs for treble. Not sure if that even makes sense!
Dude, the making sense thread is that way 🔙

Dec 6, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #15,591 of 18,067
Right i know this will prob annoy a lot of hard core imr fans but i kinda wish bob put tuning switches on the enigma amt+ to turn the ests on and off
How crazy would that be
For example I'm disgusted by switches, if I see one on the shell, I just don't buy the iem.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #15,593 of 18,067
If anyone is interested in an imr seraph, contact me
This is the point...
1701869196261.png

Dec 6, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #15,594 of 18,067
I've got the Ifi-audio Diablo 2 in my mucky paws to trial, it has xMems mode to provide the necessary power/tech for xMems earphones, apparently developed with xMems.
Annoyingly I don't have a seraph to try with
Would be interesting to know what that level of current or wattage (can't remember which the MEMS drivers need more of) does to the normal DD and BA drivers in the shell on a hybrid setup. Imagine you might get full spectrum from the MEMS but blow a smoking hole in the IEM shell as the other two drivers explode... :wink:

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #15,595 of 18,067
To those who have ordered and are expecting an Enigma / Enigma + Dual Electrostatic:
- Have you had any further updates?

My situation:
- Ordered and fully paid for an Enigma + Dual Electrostatic
- On November 29, I've received an email "A shipment from order IMRXXXX is on the way"
- Next day, on the IMR website, my Royal Mail tracking number appeared
- Since then the status on RM is: We are expecting it!
Tracking History : Wednesday 29 November 2023 -18:31 -Sender preparing item

On Monday, 4 December 2023, Bob told me: I would expect your parcel to be in the hands of RM by tomorrow [December 5]
Until today, 14:00 UK time, the status remains the same on Royal Mail: We're expecting it!

I have sent 3 - 4 emails, so far, requesting clarifications, requesting an ETA of the delivery of my order or even an estimated date range, something like: you'll receive your order between XX-XX-XXXX and XX-XX-XXXX dates.

Nothing. No response at all.

I do not expect to receive my order tomorrow. What I do not understand, though, is why they are not updating me with a clear estimated time of arrival or a date range between which, I should be expecting my order.

I've read the Special Builds T&C and adding 25 business days to November 29 brings us to Monday, 8 January 2024 (!)
Adding 45 business days brings us to Monday, 5 February 2024 (!!)

So, does this mean that I should be expecting my order between 08-Jan-2024 and 05-Feb-2024?!

Is there anyone here who has ordered a Special Build? What happened, when have you received your order?

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #15,596 of 18,067
To those who have ordered and are expecting an Enigma / Enigma + Dual Electrostatic:
- Have you had any further updates?

My situation:
- Ordered and fully paid for an Enigma + Dual Electrostatic
- On November 29, I've received an email "A shipment from order IMRXXXX is on the way"
- Next day, on the IMR website, my Royal Mail tracking number appeared
- Since then the status on RM is: We are expecting it!
Tracking History : Wednesday 29 November 2023 -18:31 -Sender preparing item

On Monday, 4 December 2023, Bob told me: I would expect your parcel to be in the hands of RM by tomorrow [December 5]
Until today, 14:00 UK time, the status remains the same on Royal Mail: We're expecting it!

I have sent 3 - 4 emails, so far, requesting clarifications, requesting an ETA of the delivery of my order or even an estimated date range, something like: you'll receive your order between XX-XX-XXXX and XX-XX-XXXX dates.

Nothing. No response at all.

I do not expect to receive my order tomorrow. What I do not understand, though, is why they are not updating me with a clear estimated time of arrival or a date range between which, I should be expecting my order.

I've read the Special Builds T&C and adding 25 business days to November 29 brings us to Monday, 8 January 2024 (!)
Adding 45 business days brings us to Monday, 5 February 2024 (!!)

So, does this mean that I should be expecting my order between 08-Jan-2024 and 05-Feb-2024?!

Is there anyone here who has ordered a Special Build? What happened, when have you received your order?
i just received an email saying it's on its way but no tracking number yet..

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #15,597 of 18,067
i just received an email saying it's on its way but no tracking number yet..
Do you mean that email from IMR with the subject "A shipment from order IMRXXXX is on the way"? Where there is a "View Order" icon that takes you on the IMR website, where you can see your order details like Contact information, Payment method and Shipping address? My Royal Mail tracking number appeared on that webpage after one day, I think.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #15,598 of 18,067
Do you mean that email from IMR with the subject "A shipment from order IMRXXXX is on the way"? Where there is a "View Order" icon that takes you on the IMR website, where you can see your order details like Contact information, Payment method and Shipping address? My Royal Mail tracking number appeared on that webpage after one day, I think.
yes that's the one

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #15,599 of 18,067

Welcome to IMR WAITING Club!!
The 25-45 days, shipment is in progress, we are expecting the order blah...blah means nothing since past one and half years.
You should only believe that your order is actually handed over to the Royalmail when you see a tracking progress. Till then it means nada.....

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #15,600 of 18,067
An update just came through!! :) :)

I have to confess, the negativity on this thread has affected me a bit. I might have over-reacted...

Apologies to all the Believers! ❤️

Attachments

• IMR-reply.png
    IMR-reply.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back