Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 7, 2024 at 1:47 AM Post #17,537 of 18,240
Tips make a lot of difference, have you tried Dunu S&S?
I have tried Dunu S&S. Treble was better controlled but the sound seemed slightly dull.
The sound out of Enigma to my ears at least were the best with tangzu sanai wide boar and softears tips.

In fact now im trying Black + Purple . Was listening to a 192/24bit Animals by Pink Floyd.
The overall sound was a little dull for me.
I will now change to a higher treble upper like Gold and experiment again.

Im going to slowly cover all the filters over time. Im having fun !

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:51 AM Post #17,538 of 18,240
@holsen is this what your IMR Rah CIEM really looks like ?
It has to be the most beautiful IMR iem ever made !!

Attachments

• IMG_20240306_105344.jpg
    IMG_20240306_105344.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Mar 7, 2024 at 2:59 AM Post #17,539 of 18,240
I have tried Dunu S&S. Treble was better controlled but the sound seemed slightly dull.
The sound out of Enigma to my ears at least were the best with tangzu sanai wide boar and softears tips.

I just ordered on amazon some Tangzu Sancaï Wide Bore (I hope to receive them tomorrow)...
After 3 full weeks and nearly 450hours burning period, I still feel the Azla Sednaearfit max ASMR are convincing to my ears and really the most comfortable to wear (they are soft enough to avoid any ear-canal irritations even after 10 hours using them like Spinfit Omni are).
These days I am evaluating lows and ultra lows with some Trip-Hop and Ambient Dub playlists from Qobuz... Enigma+ seems to be quite interesting with ASMR tips.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 4:49 AM Post #17,540 of 18,240
I just ordered on amazon some Tangzu Sancaï Wide Bore (I hope to receive them tomorrow)...
After 3 full weeks and nearly 450hours burning period, I still feel the Azla Sednaearfit max ASMR are convincing to my ears and really the most comfortable to wear (they are soft enough to avoid any ear-canal irritations even after 10 hours using them like Spinfit Omni are).
These days I am evaluating lows and ultra lows with some Trip-Hop and Ambient Dub playlists from Qobuz... Enigma+ seems to be quite interesting with ASMR tips.
Let us know what you think about the Tangzu vs the Azla.

Mar 7, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #17,541 of 18,240
Btw at the beginning there were only 30 Enigma units, now these statement disappeared from the enigma's description. Not that I'm jealous, indeed I'm happy that more people will enjoy the sound of these monsters.
Really enigma+ are the best things I've ever been listened to in ear. Every time I discover something new in old tracks that I didn't heard for a while. Nice to check again my music library

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #17,542 of 18,240
Btw at the beginning there were only 30 Enigma units, now these statement disappeared from the enigma's description. Not that I'm jealous, indeed I'm happy that more people will enjoy the sound of these monsters.
Really enigma+ are the best things I've ever been listened to in ear. Every time I discover something new in old tracks that I didn't heard for a while. Nice to check again my music library
The more the merrier I would say !

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #17,543 of 18,240
Just wanted to let you know these tips sound way better than the Tangzu.
SOFTEARS UC Silicone Eartips.
I just got them yesterday.

Much Cleaner sound. Good Bass and Clarity as well.

Not sure if anyone else has tried them yet with Enigma.

So far my ranking of tips with Enigma+
1) SoftEars UC Silicone
2) tangzu Wide Bore
3) Azla Crystal
4) Dunu S&S
5) Divinus Velvet

Bass Boost
1) Corier Brass

Best Fit
1) Dunu S&S

Worst Performers
1) Spinfit Cp100
2) MoonDrop Spring

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #17,544 of 18,240
Thank you that's very comprehensive.
I think by experience one learns his/her ear anatomy and come to settle
with limited types of tips in the end. Of course different IEM sound signatures call
for different types of tip material or diameter.
For IMR sets I ended up lately using either Sennheiser IE Pro silicone tips (turn Avalon into a
live club experience eg) and Azla Crystals.

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #17,545 of 18,240
Spiral Dots and Divinus Velvet are really the only ones that I've found that work for me. Although, bass emphasis stock tips that came with the FiiO FH5 were excellent. Best stock I've used.

Mar 8, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #17,547 of 18,240
Thank you that's very comprehensive.
I think by experience one learns his/her ear anatomy and come to settle
with limited types of tips in the end. Of course different IEM sound signatures call
for different types of tip material or diameter.
For IMR sets I ended up lately using either Sennheiser IE Pro silicone tips (turn Avalon into a
live club experience eg) and Azla Crystals.
What do you mean by live club experience ?
Loud ? Surround sound ? Bassy ?

Mar 8, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #17,548 of 18,240
As you have had the opportunity to listen to and review both Dawn and NaLe, I was wondering if you could tell us if Dawn is both technically and sonically the equal of NaLe. I ask this as Dawn was offered as a replacement for NaLe at one point, with some users embracing the change and according to Bob, Dawn was a fair change. What do you think?
Given them both same hours of burn in now. . .
Hard to say subjectively but if you put all IMR's into tiers...with Enigma+ being 'S' tier for example i think the Dawn and NaLe would be in the same tier - something like C+ ?
The Dawn is warmer and a more balanced iem that the NaLe but they are quite different. In one way I would be happy with either but from another POV they do offer quite different characteristics so yes they of a similar level in in general

Dawn is a sit down by the fire and enjoy rich luxurious relaxing Audiophile sound where as the NaLe is a more spacious, out in the cold winter sky marveling at and enjoying the stars of the night sky
One weird thing about the NaLe is how completely different it sounds with my Hiby and my Sony Wm1A.
With the Hiby the NaLe sounds good, similar to Dawn's soundstage, imaging just being a bit cleaner & detail orientated however playing the NaLe through the Sony Wm1A it sounds very different. The separation, holographic imaging, details just explode, like going from 2D to 5.1 surround. Swopping out just now during a song it was like a couple more layers of instruments suddenly sprang up to the fore and the sides of L & R where as before they were hidden in the music o_0
Never experienced such a radical change just switching between DAPs although you would somewhat hope so given the Sony is x5 times the price!
The NaLe has a very clean, analytical detail oriented sound throughout the mids and highs with warmth in the low-mid bass supporting it
The separation and holographic spacing out of instruments makes them an absolute treat with quality recordings such as Pink Floyd for example. They also sound spectacular with Ambient, Modern Classical kind off music. Some rock doesn't seem to suit it
The only negative is that a trade off to the exceptional detail retrieval is some 'coldness' over all but in that the NaLe (in my own set up) has managed to achieve another unique sounding IMR I'm pretty impressed with them. Maybe IMR's premiere 'Treble-Head' iem.?
They remind me a bit of the Astra Ultrique although i havent it for a long time
Listening to the new 'Dark side of the moon' 1974 live recording is mind blowing in terms of sheer SPACE and the way sounds transition across and around the soundstage is i would say the most 3D ive heard from any IMR.
Having said that, to the hardened Audiophile ear i think they are priced right or its just that the CNT driver lacks a little warmth compared the the ADLC driver. It excels in details but looses some warmth in the process. :)

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #17,550 of 18,240
Credit where it's due. The enigmas sound astounding with classical this evening. Stravinsky's Firebird suite- infernal dance of king kaschei performed by London symphony orchestra has got me a bit stunned. Running on grey tubes, black filters with divinus tips.

If you've got a set, try it...even if you can't be bothered with classical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back