In-ear earphones for Dubstep & other electronica music.
Dec 22, 2010 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Pen n Paper

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

My last pair of in-ear phones just bit the dust today (was actually quite depressing). And now I'm on the lookout for a new pair of phones. 

I basically spend most of my time listening to dubstep, drum n bass, and other different types of electronica. My last two pairs of headphones were really my only acceptable phones: The Sennheiser Cx-300's and a $50 pair of Panasonics which I have no clue what model it is (they look like ErgoFits but are way better).

What I'm looking for is a balanced spectrum of sound, but with an emphasis on the bass. Deep rich punchy bass makes my spine tingle. That's not to say I want the mids and highs to be drowned by the bass though. I have no amps or any sort of fancy equipment, so I'm mostly looking at "out of the box" performance.

My only problem is my budget, which I'm sure will narrow my choices to maybe a pair or two. I'm looking to spend $50-70 dollars max, since I've already shelled out about $600 on christmas gifts, so I don't wanna break the bank.

Thanks a lot in advanced, and happy holidays to everyone.

-Tom

Dec 22, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #2 of 3
For techno, my favorite is the Triple.Fi 10, and the white box items sold on eBay makes they quite affordable.  For the cost, they are one of the best bang for the buck options out there.  However, you would need to be willing to double your budget.

On the cheap, a great runner up is the Fischer Eterna, the older v1 a little more bassy than the v2.  A lot of the cheaper earphones I simply have not tried, so I can't comment a whole lot on budget level products.  I'd look through Joker's massive IEM thread as well as ClieOS's Shootouts for information.  Read.  See what sounds like it would fit your tastes best.

Dec 22, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
For techno, my favorite is the Triple.Fi 10, and the white box items sold on eBay makes they quite affordable.  For the cost, they are one of the best bang for the buck options out there.  However, you would need to be willing to double your budget.

On the cheap, a great runner up is the Fischer Eterna, the older v1 a little more bassy than the v2.  A lot of the cheaper earphones I simply have not tried, so I can't comment a whole lot on budget level products.  I'd look through Joker's massive IEM thread as well as ClieOS's Shootouts for information.  Read.  See what sounds like it would fit your tastes best.

Thanks a bunch!

I went through the mid-low tier from Joker's list and found the MEEtronic M6's. Read his review and other reviews and it seems to be a home run. Especially for the sale price Amazon has them for and the free shipping (approx. $20) seems like a steal. 

Might order them tommorow, but I'm gonna hold out and see if anyone has anything to say about it.

Anyone have the M6s? Any other headphones suggestions before I seal the deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back