In-Ear recommendation needed, new IE after 12 years
Aug 16, 2022 at 7:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sesu

Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

so after using my Westone 2 for, I think 12 years, it is time for something new. The cable is not user replaceable and starts to fall apart.

I‘ve AirPods Pro and Sennheiser TW2 but they are more for day to day travel.
For working in the office and listening to music so I can tune out my colleagues I need something that sounds better.

I use my iPhone with the Fiio Q3 MQA.
Budget is somewhere between 200-300€.
I am not really a brand loyalist, so please feel free to recommend all brands.
Not wireless please.

At home I use my Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro with analytical cushions, best headphone I ever listened too.
Maybe that can help you with recommendations and the sound I like? I also really enjoyed the Westone 2 sound profile.

I listen to punk, metal, blues, rock jazz, americana, some pop. Mostly female singers.

Thank you so much,
Sesu

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #2 of 3
The Drop FDX1 is my pick for under 1k iem. It has an incredibly capable driver, a very solid build and the sound is tunable by the supplied filters.
I always preferred the um2 and um3x over any of the W series model in the past but none of those hold candle to the FDX1.

Aug 17, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #3 of 3
The Drop FDX1 is my pick for under 1k iem. It has an incredibly capable driver, a very solid build and the sound is tunable by the supplied filters.
I always preferred the um2 and um3x over any of the W series model in the past but none of those hold candle to the FDX1.
Thank you! But it seems it’s currently impossible to buy one…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back