In-Ears for Meizu M6?
Oct 25, 2007 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Threeblades

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I'm the new guy.

I'm looking for a portable newbie rig for around 200 Euros. After lots of thought, drooling, freaking out about prices, research and then more drooling I decided to get myself a Meizu M6. If you have a better idea, please let me know.

Problem is, I can't decide on IEMs. So I did another good amount of research, freaked out again and came to four conclusions:

Shure E2c
Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3
Creative EP-630
Sennheiser CX 300

Most of the time I listen to Drum & Bass and the rig will be used mainly at university, on the way to university (train, bus) and sometimes for jogging and workout. So what I will probably need is:

- as good isolation as possible, kill everything that doesn't belong to the music
- bass, lots of it, possibly clean but deep and kicking
- clean highs for strings and piano (doesn't fit too well with the bass? compromise?)

Enlighten me, you gods of Head-Fi. Please.

Oct 25, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 9
I can offer you my opinion on 3 of the 4 headphones you have listed.

The CX300 and EP-630 are very similar and I would personally go with the EP-630 for its cheaper cost. These phones have a lot of bass, but unfortunately, it is not very clean or defined. It does go deep and provide that "kick" feeling you're looking for. I personally found the bass on these too strong, drowning out some of the finer details in the music.

The E2C is not for you if bass is your thing. They are are much more refined than the CX300/EP-630 but has very little bass.

No comments on the SF3 as I have not heard it personally.

Oct 25, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #3 of 9
You are aware that Meizu hisssses with sensitive IEMs, I think like those you specify...
eek.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #4 of 9
Yeah, I heard about the hissing. That's also a big concern I forgot to list. Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

I also thought about, if I would be better off with the Cowon iAudio U3, which should have a good equalizer as well. But that's always the problem. Find a decent combination of player and IEM.

I should buy them all and then decide.
frown.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Threeblades /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I heard about the hissing. That's also a big concern I forgot to list. Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

I also thought about, if I would be better off with the Cowon iAudio U3, which should have a good equalizer as well. But that's always the problem. Find a decent combination of player and IEM.

I should buy them all and then decide.
frown.gif

Cowon players, do not hiss with IEMs, I use the U3 and the sound quality is very good!
tongue.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #8 of 9
Before you get the M6 you might want to check out the Meizume forums. There are a lot of people over there upset that the firmware has not been fixed and that the stuttering sound occurs on some extended tracks (tracks with no silence between them). I almost bought the M6 but reading the Meizume fan forums it sound like the player needs another generation or two to work out the bugs.

You might want to check out the new Sony's without Sonic Stage or some of the players by Creative.

Regards
RJ

Oct 26, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #9 of 9
i use meizu m3 and e2c. not much of a fan of either hence i am looking to upgrade.

compared with the old nano, i prefer the nano over m3 bcz of the dodgy firmware(90% of the time at starts up recatalogue all the files and random music plays the same random music in the same order every time What!) and the slide thing is hopeless.

e2c, too much roll off at the high..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back