In The Market For Headphones
Apr 12, 2018 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

parthjp94

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi Community,

I am in the market for wireless headphones. I am going on a trip to Europe in a month and thought it's time to buy an ACTUAL pair of headphones. I'm a big audiophile- music revolves around my life, but I've never owned anything better then a pair of apple earbuds. I love bass and comfort. Hopefully, the following details will help you guys recommend your choices and support this thread:

Budget:
$250 - $350

Type of music I listen to:
-Rap
-Hip/Hop
-Groovy
-R&B
-Dancehall/Jamaican

Artists I listen to:
Drake, Lil Yachty, PartyNextDoor, Future, Ramriddlz, The Weeknd, Belly, Migos, Tory Lanez, NAV, Lil Uzi Vert, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Majid Jordan, Travis Scott, Roy Woods, K Camp, BakaNotNice, Russ

Characteristics I'm looking for in headphones (numerical order):
1. Noise canceling
2. Comfort
3. Bass
*I care for bass as much as I care for comfort, but.. yeah.

Headphones I've looked into so far:
-Sony WH1000XM2
-Bose QC 35 II
-Beats Studio 3
-Sennheiser PXC 550
*Please feel free to add any other recommendations you may have

Preference of purchase:
Only Best Buy (I have two gift cards)

Hopefully that gave you guys a better understanding of what I am looking for. I want to thank you guys in advance for your time and recommendations. As always, feel free to ask any questions regarding any missing information or of my personal taste.

Apr 13, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 8
Headphones I've looked into so far:
-Sony WH1000XM2
-Bose QC 35 II
-Beats Studio 3
-Sennheiser PXC 550

I listened to 3 of these models except for Beats Studio 3. Personally I preferred PXC550 because of its deeper ear cup. The weight is lighter as well. More comfortable for me. Sound wise I will say Sony is more engaging and musical. PXC550 is more on details. If you like punchy bass, Sony would suit you :) Do have an audition with those songs you are familiar with before you make decision :) Happy Listening!

Apr 13, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #3 of 8
Psb m4u8/nad viso hp70 if you can find them at bb

Apr 13, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #4 of 8
I listened to 3 of these models except for Beats Studio 3. Personally I preferred PXC550 because of its deeper ear cup. The weight is lighter as well. More comfortable for me. Sound wise I will say Sony is more engaging and musical. PXC550 is more on details. If you like punchy bass, Sony would suit you :) Do have an audition with those songs you are familiar with before you make decision :) Happy Listening!
Thanks! I'll def give they a shot when I go to Best Buy this weekend.

Apr 13, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #6 of 8
Thanks! I'll def give they a shot when I go to Best Buy this weekend.

Try to find a Best Buy with a Magnolia AND a Pacific Kitchen and Home, as those Best Buys with both of those stores always have a large premium headphone selection in the Greater Houston area. For future reference, Best Buy gift cards work at Magnolia locations inside a Best Buy, as I have purchased a cable with a BB gift card from a Magnolia inside a BB.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #7 of 8
Thanks! I'll def give they a sh
Try to find a Best Buy with a Magnolia AND a Pacific Kitchen and Home, as those Best Buys with both of those stores always have a large premium headphone selection in the Greater Houston area. For future reference, Best Buy gift cards work at Magnolia locations inside a Best Buy, as I have purchased a cable with a BB gift card from a Magnolia inside a BB.
I live in downtown Chicago, I am pretty sure the one near me has Magnolia.

Apr 14, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #8 of 8
I live in downtown Chicago, I am pretty sure the one near me has Magnolia.

Yeah, but a Best Buy with a Magnolia AND Pacific Kitchen and Home is rare, but the Magnolias inside a BB and NEXT TO A PACIFIC KITCHEN AND HOME always have at least seven headphones out for demoing. I even heard these Magnolias have an HD800 out for demoing in CA locations. I mean, you don’t have nearly enough combined card value for an HD800, but why not make the trip worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back