In the market of a new pair of consumer IEM ($100 - $200)
Sep 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

huyquang1602

New Head-Fier
So I've been looking around for a new pair of IEM that is within the price range from $100 to $200 for listening to music on my HTC One X smartphone. I used to have the Sennheiser CX 475, the regular Monster Turbine, the Klipsch Image S4, and the Sony MDREX510LP. From those three, I personally like the Turbine's sound signature most, because the bass is punchy, tight, focused, and the treble is clear and it also does not have sibilant, so listening to music with the Turbine was a pleasant experience for me. It broke down 5 months ago (the glue that held the metal case together got dried and the case fell apart).

Now I'm in the market for a new pair of IEM that has similar sound signature with the Turbine, no sibilant (I really cannot stand against the ear-piercing hiss sound), passive noise-isolation, clear treble, mids, and punchy, tight bass, and the appropriate impedance for using with most of recent smartphones. As optional, I would love my new pair of IEM to have the in-line mic as well for making phone calls. Soundstage and flat frequency are not really important to me, but as long as there is good stereo separation, then it's good.

So far, I have looked at the Monster Inspiration In-Ear, the AKG K376, the Sony XBA-3ip, and the Bose MIE2 (Android Version). I'm not an audiophile by any means, but I'm a college student who just want to make his music library sounds good and fun. I literally listen to any kinds of music, except Jazz. 

Many thanks in advance!!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back